Early Years Specialist
Early Years Specialist
|Reference Number: #SS2024-001
Location: Perth, Ontario
Posted: January 26th 2024
Deadline: February 11th, 2024
Salary: $31.64- $37.78 per hour
Located west of the nation's capital, Lanark County is home to several thriving communities. We represent the best of both worlds, offering breathtaking architecture, rich history, beautiful countryside, and the relaxing atmosphere of a lakeside lifestyle.
Lanark County is recruiting for an Early Years Specialist. This is a regular, full-time position at 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Children’s Services Manager, the successful incumbent will work collaboratively with early years and community partners in a range of services. They will provide support and leadership, building strong services for families and children in our communities.
- A minimum of a two-year, post-secondary education in early childhood development and/or early childhood education.
- 1-2 years of experience working in the children’s services sector.
- Strong knowledge of applicable legislation (Ontario Child Care and Early Years Act), licensing, and the ministry’s vision and directives with proven experience in community development and service planning.
- Thorough knowledge of How Does Learning Happen, Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years, early years framework, programming and research on early child development and quality assurance experiences and best practices.
- Registered early childhood educator, registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators in good standing is an asset.
- Experience and/or understanding of the role of a system manager for early years and family support programs.
- Skills in project management, consultation, community development, creativity, and ingenuity are required to develop strategies and provide recommendations.
- Computer proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications and quick adaptation to new databases.
- Verbal and written French skills are definite assets.
This position is evaluated at Level 8 ($31.64-$37.78 per hour) 2024 O.P.S.E.U. salary grid.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Alternate work arrangements
- Extended healthcare coverage,
- Dental and vison care
- Disability insurance
- Life and dependent life insurance
- Ontario Municipal Employers Retirement System (OMERS) pension plan
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Wellness promotion account
- Training, and development opportunities
The Lanark County employee slogan is “Working Together to Achieve Greatness.” If you embrace this ideal and you meet the position qualifications outlined above, we look forward to receiving a detailed résumé no later than Sunday, February 11, 2024.
When emailing your application, please ensure your cover letter, résumé and any other related documents are submitted in one file preferably MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf). The email subject line should include your “name” and job posting number “SS2024-001” (example: Jane/John Doe SS2024-001).
Lanark County is an organization that strives to embrace the spirit of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and barrier-free environment in which all individuals have access to the County's goods, services, and facilities. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Note: Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the human resources department at the address indicated above.
|Human Resources, Administration Building
99 Christie Lake Road,
Perth, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com