|Lanark County Administration Building|
Location: Perth, Ontario
Posted: November 15th 2022
Deadline: November 30th, 2022
Salary: $30.57-$36.49 per hour
From the Rideau system to Canada’s Mississippi, Lanark County is home to over 100 lakes, rivers and waterfalls. Coves and beaches speckle the landscape. We are also the maple syrup capital of Ontario. Lanark County is comprised of the following municipalities: Smiths Falls, Perth, Carleton Place, Drummond North Elmsley, Lanark Highlands, Beckwith, Montague, Mississippi Mills and Tay Valley.
Lanark County is seeking a high energy, dynamic, professional to fill the role of Caseworker. This is a regular, full-time opportunity in our social services department starting January 3, 2023.
The Caseworker provides and facilitates short and long-term case management support by conducting interviews, completing applications and determining eligibility for assistance. This role will assess need and develop, review and implement plans by working with community resources to support clients in meeting and achieving their goals.
- Two-year post-secondary diploma in social services or a related field
- 1-2 years of related progressive experience in social services case management
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle
- Travel may be required within Lanark County.
- Strong written and verbal skills are critical to working within a team environment and the public
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite of applications
- Ability to deal with clients in crisis situations and maintain a high level of confidentiality
What we offer:
- competitive compensation,
- alternate work arrangements,
- extended healthcare coverage,
- dental and vison care,
- disability insurance,
- life and dependent life insurance,
- Ontario Municipal Employers Retirement System (OMERS) pension plan,
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP),
- wellness promotion account,
- training and development opportunities.
Lanark County employee slogan is “Working together to achieve greatness.” If you embrace this ideal, we look forward to receiving a detailed resume, quoting posting number SS2022-016, no later than Wednesday, November 30th, 2022.
When emailing your application, please ensure your cover letter, résumé and any other related documents are submitted in one file preferably MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf). Email subject line should include your name and job posting number “SS2022-016”. (example: Jane Doe SS2022-016)
Lanark County is an organization that strives to embrace the spirit of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and barrier-free environment in which all individuals have access to the County's goods, services and facilities. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Note: Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the human resources department at the address indicated above.
Lanark County Administration Building
99 Christie Lake Road,
Perth, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|