Public Works Manager
Public Works Manager
|Township of Montague
Location: Smiths Falls, Ontario
Posted: January 29th 2024
Deadline: February 8th, 2024
Salary: $92,189-$106,872 annually
The Township of Montague is a small, rural community with a population of about 3,900 residents, located south of Ottawa, adjacent to Smiths Falls.
The Township of Montague is seeking an individual with excellent leadership and organizational skills, combined with a high degree of professional judgment, for the position of Public Works Manager.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Public Works Manager will be responsible for the overall operation of the public works department and will ensure that the prescribed service levels are delivered within approved budgets.
- Direction and monitoring of the public works roads department
- Water and wastewater oversight
- Waste management oversight
- Building and facilities maintenance
- Equipment maintenance
- Management of municipal drains
A complete job description is available on the municipal website.
- A four-year recognized university degree or a three-year college diploma in civil engineering or equivalent
- A member of good standing with PEO, OACETT, OGRA (CRS) or equivalent education, experience, and professional accreditation
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in municipal governance and/or private road sector experience, with 3-5 years of management experience
- Training in various statutes including the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Highway Traffic Act
- Basic computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office, GIS and GPS systems
- A valid Class G license
The township offers an OMERS pension plan and a competitive benefits package. The 2024 salary range for this position is $92,189-$106,872 annually for a 35-hour work week.
Qualified individuals are invited to forward their resume and cover letter by Noon on February 8th, 2024.
The municipality thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. The township is an equal opportunity employer and that accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.
|Allison Vereyken, Clerk Administrator-Treasurer
Township of Montague
6547 Rogers Stevens Drive, PO Box 755,
Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com