Children’s Services Manager
Children’s Services Manager
|Reference Number: #SS2023-015|
|County of Lanark|
Location: Perth, Ontario
Posted: September 15th 2023
Deadline: October 10th, 2023
Salary: $83,938-$108,308 annually
Located west of the nation's capital, Lanark County is home to several thriving communities. We represent the best of both worlds, offering breathtaking architecture, rich history, beautiful countryside and the relaxing atmosphere of a lakeside lifestyle.
We are recruiting for a Children’s Services Manager. This is a regular, full-time position.
Reporting to the Director of Social Services, the Children’s Services Manager will oversee the county’s childcare and early years system, administer an annual budget of $18+ million, and manage the children’s services staff. This role will develop strong partnerships with licensed childcare providers, school boards, and other community service providers to facilitate ongoing engagement and communication that results in planning processes that respond to the diverse needs of children, families and service providers. In addition, the Children’s Services Manager will respond in the event of a peacetime emergency.
- Minimum of a four-year university degree in public administration, business administration, commerce, social services or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience including supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated skills in change management and leadership, large financial portfolio management, program design and implementation, and systems oversight.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal).
- The ability to negotiate, problem solve, prioritize, review, and evaluate key programs and related funding.
- Experience with networking and preparing reports for ministry and service providers.
- Sound working knowledge of relevant and current legislation.
- A high level of computer proficiency and program-related technologies.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence.
This position is evaluated at Level 11 ($83,938 - $108,308) per the 2023 NUG salary grid.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Ontario Municipal Employers Retirement System (OMERS) pension plan
- Employee assistance plan (EAP)
- Wellness promotion account
- Training and development opportunities
The Lanark County employee slogan is “working together to achieve greatness.” If you embrace this ideal, we look forward to receiving a detailed resume, quoting posting number SS2023-015, no later than Sunday, October 10, 2023.
When emailing your application, please ensure your cover letter, résumé and any other related documents are submitted in one file preferably MSWord (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf). The email subject line should include your name and job posting number SS2023-014; example: Jane Doe SS2023-014.
Lanark County is an organization that strives to embrace the spirit of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and barrier-free environment in which all individuals have access to the county's goods, services and facilities. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Note: Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the human resources department at the address indicated below.
|Human Resources, Lanark County Administration Building|
County of Lanark
999 Cecelia Street,
Perth, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|