|Township of Hamilton|
Location: Cobourg, Ontario
Posted: September 9th 2023
Deadline: September 29th, 2023
The Township of Hamilton is recruiting for a Planning Coordinator.
The Planning Coordinator is responsible for the preliminary assessment of consent applications and zoning by-law amendments and the preparation and circulation of these applications for committee and council consideration. Reporting to the Senior Planner, the Planning Coordinator acts as the secretary-treasurer for the committee of adjustment and provides administrative support for all functions under the planning department. The Planning Coordinator will prepare reports, recommendations, maps and schedules relating to these applications. The Planning Coordinator will work with the Senior Planner in reviewing and updating the municipal planning documents.
- Process, review and manage planning applications to meet tight legislated timeframes set out in the Planning Act.
- Provide verbal and written advice and information to the public, developers, agencies, other stakeholders on matters related to planning within the township.
- Prepare reports and documentation in accordance with legislation and ministry policies.
- Assist in formulating policies and strategies relating to land use planning.
- Attend municipal council and committee of adjustment meetings to provide information and make recommendations on issues related to planning applications.
- Perform other related duties.
- University degree or college diploma required, preferably in planning or a related field of study.
- A minimum of one year of experience in land use planning is required.
- Excellent communication and public relation skills are required as well as a commitment to understanding and meeting customer and community needs.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with GIS.
This is a union position working 35 hours per week. The compensation rate is Grade 5, $30.85 - $36.12 per hour (2023 rates).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in one PDF document by September 29, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
We are committed to inclusive barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We are pleased to accommodate individual needs. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
|Township of Hamilton|
8285 Majestic Hills Drive,
Cobourg, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|