|Town of Petawawa|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: September 9th 2023
Deadline: September 21st, 2023
Salary: $42.83 to $50.39 per hour
The Town of Petawawa is the largest community in Renfrew County with more than 17,000 residents. Located along the Ottawa River, the municipality is home to Canada's largest army base. Hosting festivals, events and programming year-round, Petawawa is an active community with recreation and culture programs for residents and visitors alike.
The Town of Petawawa is currently recruiting an experienced professional to fill the full-time position of Planner.
Reporting to the Director of Planning and Development, the Planner is responsible for the technical review and processing of land use planning applications from initial public inquiry through to the development approval. This Planner role provides an excellent opportunity to be part of the future development of a young and vibrant community that is growing rapidly.
Complete Job Description
- A post-secondary degree in urban, rural or regional land-use planning or geography
- A minimum of three years of related practical experience, preferably in a municipal environment
- Be eligible for provisional and willing to achieve full membership in OPPI and CIP
- Fundamental knowledge of planning processes for official plan and zoning by-law amendments, minor variances, part-lot control and site plan applications
- Experience working with geographic information systems (GIS) in a municipal environment
- Demonstrate an understanding and working knowledge of the Ontario Planning Act, Provincial Policy Statement, Municipal Act, Ontario Building Code Act as well as experience interpreting official plans and zoning by-laws
- Ability to provide technical guidance and support to other town staff and external contacts
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Compensation is based on qualifications and experience. The current salary range for this position is $42.83 to $50.39 per hour for a 35-hour work week. The town offers an excellent benefits package.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, in MS Word or PDF format, in confidence by 12:00 noon on Thursday, September 21, 2023.
The Town of Petawawa is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Town of Petawawa will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Town of Petawawa of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
|Human Resources, County of Renfrew|
Town of Petawawa
1111 Victoria Street,
Petawawa, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|