|County of Renfrew|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: October 17th 2022
Deadline: December 16th, 2022
Salary: $36.11 - $40.64 per hour
Renfrew County is located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley. The area is rural in nature and is made up of distinct regions, offering a range of living styles, outdoor adventures and a welcoming community. This could be your opportunity to live life to the fullest. The County of Renfrew offers exciting opportunities to contribute and grow, in a collaborative environment.
We are recruiting for a Junior Planner. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Reporting to the Manager of Planning Services, the Junior Planner provides planning support to the Manager of Planning Services by:
- assisting with municipal and public inquiries,
- preparing draft planning documents,
- drafting official plans and zoning by-law amendments,
- preparing preliminary severance reports,
- preparing technical analyses and reports,
- preparing digital mapping required for planning applications, and
- performing management for the planning information resources in the department.
- Equivalent to community college in community planning is required; university degree in planning or a closely related degree is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in municipal planning.
- General knowledge of the Planning Act and related government legislation.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills.
- Experience working with geographic information systems in a municipal government environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- The ability to function as a member of a planning team.
- Eligibility for membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners would be an asset.
- Private use of a vehicle (must have immediate accessible transportation.)
This position includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume in MS Word or PDF format, quoting Competition #22-180.
Thank you for your interest, however, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the selection process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
County of Renfrew
9 International Drive,
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|