|Magellan Aerospace, Haley
Location: Haley, Ontario
Posted: January 18th 2024
Deadline: March 18th, 2024
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name Magellan Aerospace Corporation in 1996, deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
We are recruiting for an Operations Manager. This is a full-time position.
Reporting to the Division Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the effective utilization of people, materials, equipment, and manufacturing processes across the sandcasting value stream. The successful incumbent will meet safety, production delivery, quality, inventory, and cost objectives. They will be instrumental in achieving established quality targets (scrap and rework), and if these targets are not met, they will be responsible for developing and implementing corrective action plans. The Operations Manager will report on area performance and ensure established objectives, company policies, and applicable laws are followed.
- Manage a team of production and facilities managers and supervisors to meet production schedules and maximize productivity
- Oversee production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management),
- Participate in management and union meetings including grievance, labour management, job evaluation and committee meetings
- Direct production innovation to enhance production capabilities
- Play a lead role in promoting and ensuring a culture of safety, quality and continuous improvement
- Develop, implement, and monitor continuous improvement activities aimed at improving safety, efficiency, quality and costs
- Ensure that appropriate training, tools, and techniques are available
- Hands-on involvement in all aspects of the operation
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering and 5 years of prior relevant experience, or an advanced degree in business or engineering and 3 years of prior relevant experience
- Possess a drive for results
- Ability to build effective teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Conflict management skills
- Diversity management skills
- Familiarity with ERP and Microsoft Office systems
- Labour relations experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe in one truth: people create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haley
634 Magnesium Road,
Haley, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com