|Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posted: February 6th 2024
Deadline: April 6th, 2024
Salary: $22.56 per hour
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board (KPRDSB) offers a world-class education for approximately 34,000 students in 87 schools. Spanning over 7,000 square kilometers, across diverse rural and urban communities in southeastern Ontario, KPRDSB serves the Municipality of Clarington, Northumberland and Peterborough Counties, and City of Quinte West-Murray Ward.
The board is situated on the traditional territory of the Michi Saagiig Anishinaabeg people, serving three vibrant Indigenous communities which include Alderville First Nation, Curve Lake First Nation and Hiawatha First Nation.
All positions in the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board support the school’s priority of student achievement and the board's mission to educate our students to excel in learning, to succeed in life and to enrich our communities. Employees demonstrate empathy and respect in all interactions, are committed to service excellence, and embrace change through innovation.
As part of our strategy to provide on-going support for our schools, the board is now accepting resumes from qualified applicants for the position of Casual Custodian. You must be available to work for a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Provides daily regular and summer intensive cleaning services such as maintenance of floors and rugs, dusting furniture, maintaining washroom cleanliness and hygiene, cleaning blackboards, windows, change rooms, showers, desks, walls, and fountains.
- Provides waste management services including garbage and recycling collection and disposal.
- Conducts scheduled fire extinguishers, pull stations and emergency lighting checks.
- Opens and closes the board buildings by locking and unlocking doors and windows as appropriate, and setting and disarming alarms.
- Provides custodial services for off hours use of school permits and confirms the proper use of the permit.
- Arranges and disassembles room set ups, including table, chairs, and equipment for special event.
- Maintains the grounds including gardens, snow, ice removal and sanding of designated areas; maintains logs as required.
- Ships materials and distributes receivables within the school.
- Completes minor repair duties such as changing lightbulbs, tightening doors screws, and touch up paint.
- Assists maintenance staff as directed by the custodial supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the custodial supervisor.
Applicants for this position must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Secondary school graduation diploma or equivalent.
- Six months of relevant work experience with demonstrated skill and knowledge in custodial practices and equipment.
- Experience in an industrial cleaning setting is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle.
- Experience in minor building maintenance is an asset.
A police records check, with a vulnerable sector search and pardoned sexual offenders database search, dated within 6 months prior to the date of hire, is a requirement for employment with this board. Please note that there have been reports that it has taken some candidates up to 6 weeks to obtain a police check. With that in mind, we strongly recommend that you go about obtaining this search at your earliest convenience.
KPRDSB is an equal opportunity employer. KPRDSB is committed to a qualified workforce that is representative of the diversity of the people of Ontario and across the communities we serve. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse background and lived experiences as a member of a marginalized group, including but not limited to:
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and all other indigenous peoples;
- members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin;
- persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities;
- persons who identify as women; and
- persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
KPRDSB is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
|Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com