Data Analysis Specialist
Data Analysis Specialist
|Reference Number: #SS2024-002
Location: Perth, Ontario
Posted: February 8th 2024
Deadline: February 22nd, 2024
Salary: $31.64 - $37.78 per hour
Located west of the nation's capital, Lanark County is home to several thriving communities. We represent the best of both worlds, offering breathtaking architecture, rich history, beautiful countryside, and the relaxing atmosphere of a lakeside lifestyle.
We are recruiting for a Data Analysis Specialist. This is a temporary, full-time position working from March 2024 to approximately September 2024.
Reporting to the Children’s Services Manager, the Data Analysis Specialist will provide research, data analysis, database design, and other services to support the Early Years sector and social services department. Additional responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data, financial and policy-related.
- Incorporate data into Early Years and other social services planning and delivery as well as develop evaluation methods, measurement tools, implementation, and service planning for the Early Years sector
- Collaborate and build positive working relationships across the social services department, with local boards of education, community partners, and the broader community
- Build capacity, awareness, and understanding of Early Years research among community partners and promote the use of research and evaluation findings in evidence-informed decision-making
- A minimum of a two-year post-secondary diploma or degree in social sciences, computer science, statistics, or a related field
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience using qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Work experience in data collection from a variety of sources and providing in-depth research, analysis, and interpretation of various types of data in the early years sector and broader human services sector.
- Proficient with computer software applications, mapping, GISs, and statistical analysis software as well as advanced use of Microsoft Office.
- Strong skill set in data retrieval and data integrity processes.
- Demonstrated ability to provide analysis of data and professionally deliver information through strong written reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated experience in research and interpretation of data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Early Years sector community partners.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, project management, business processes, and communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy on confidential and sensitive matters.
- Must be willing to travel to locations inside and outside the municipality.
This position is evaluated at Level 8 ($31.64 - $37.78 per hour) of the 35-hour 2024 OPSEU salary grid. You will require the ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends depending upon the community's needs.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Ontario Municipal Employers Retirement System (OMERS) pension plan
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Training, and development opportunities
The Lanark County employee slogan is “Working Together to Achieve Greatness.” If you embrace this ideal and you meet the position qualifications outlined above, we look forward to receiving a detailed résumé no later than Thursday, February 22, 2024.
When emailing your application, please ensure your cover letter, résumé and any other related documents are submitted in one file preferably MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf). The email subject line should include your “name” and job posting number “SS2024-002” (example: Jane/John Doe SS2024-002).
Lanark County is an organization that strives to embrace the spirit of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and barrier-free environment in which all individuals have access to the County's goods, services, and facilities. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Note: Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the human resources department at the address indicated above.
|Human Resources, Administration Building
99 Christie Lake Road,
Perth, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com