R.W. Tomlinson Limited is seeking a well-rounded human resources professional to join our team as the Human Resources Generalist in Kingston (with travel to Ottawa). This is a fullt-time position.
The incumbent applies human resources theories and principles to support the organization. The Human Resources Generalist is involved with various aspects of human resources including recruitment, performance management, employee and labour relations, and to assist with other areas of human resources. They will contribute to the implementation of human resources programs from a generalist perspective, and provide consultation and guidance to employees and management in confidential employee relations issues.
The Human Resources Generalist makes decisions and exercises independent judgment within generally defined parameters and in alignment with business objectives. The incumbent is expected to alter their approach and/or recommend broader procedural changes to accomplish desired results, seeking consultation or guidance as needed.
The incumbent will work under general supervision and receive guidance from others when sought. The Human Resources Generalist will work independently, and output is trusted as accurate and generally sound. Output may be reviewed for soundness and judgment, and if required, feedback is provided to support continued learning.
- Involved in writing and placing advertising for open positions both online and in print
- Source, screen and interview applicants
- Arrange for interviews and provide travel arrangements as necessary
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures
- Manage and maintain vendor partner relations
- Creating and updating job descriptions for employees
- Creating employment contracts for all employees
- Managing the employee orientation program and ensure accurate and up to date information is provided
- Conducting employee orientation on a bi-weekly basis
- Conducting exit interviews as assigned, summarize findings and present results
- Attending employee and labour relations meetings, keeping record of any issues and their resolutions
- Providing employee advice on benefits: health, dental, Life and RRSP, DPSP
- Performing basic administrative tasks such as filing, letter writing etc. on an as needed basis