Community Living Workers
Community Living Workers
|Community Living Upper Ottawa Valley|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: September 9th 2023
Deadline: November 1st, 2023
Community Living Upper Ottawa Valley is actively involved in the region to provide adults living with an intellectual disability with the support needed to live their fullest and most extraordinary lives. This role can vary from assisting with basic life skills, to providing personal care, to actively seeking employment and volunteer opportunities with the supported person. We have a variety of positions currently available, as well as incredible opportunities to expand your knowledge, plus a fantastic benefits package for the right candidate(s).
Community Living Upper Ottawa Valley is currently recruiting for Community Living Workers. These are part-time positions working up to 48 hours biweekly. There are four available positions.
- Personal care including but not limited to bathing support, feeding, oral and personal hygiene
- Use of AIMS software for daily notes, access to ISPs, BSPs, serious occurrence, care professionals in the community, individual networks
- Medication administration and treatment (training provided)
- Controlled acts (training provided)
- Non-violent crisis intervention application (training provided)
- Communication with team members, supervisors, and managers of supports and services as needed
- Provide not only for basic human needs but also in the form of tools and methods to foster the fullest and best lives possible for all
- Preference will be given to individuals with two-year post-secondary education in the field of human services (i.e. developmental services, mental health and addiction, social service worker, nursing).
- One year of health-related education and relevant personal care experience will also be considered.
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current certifications in First Aid and CPR (or willing to obtain)
- Current vulnerable sector screening (or willing to obtain)
- Vaccination status of a minimum of two doses must be provided
- Proven excellence in working both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities is an asset, however extensive orientation and training will be provided
- Experience with supporting individuals in other ways (i.e. ageing parents, family with a history of disabilities and/or mental or physical illnesses)
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Experience working with dual diagnosis and challenging behaviours
- Physical tasks could include but may not be limited to long periods of standing or walking, some lifting and bending, reaching, squatting, sitting, and driving.
Although Community Living may provide the tools for some to live independently, their homes are just that: their very own. Community Living Workers work respectfully and professionally in people’s houses and therefore abide by all the rules and protocols set out not only by legislation, but by the request and preference of the occupant(s).
These positions are unionized. Shifts are on a rotating schedule that vary in length between 7.5 and 12 hours in duration and include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Community Living Upper Ottawa Valley is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environments. We endeavor to provide accommodations wherever possible during the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also provide access to third-party, unlimited counselling services for employees and their family members at no charge.
|Marcie Campbell, Manager of Human Resources|
Community Living Upper Ottawa Valley
894 Pembroke Street West,
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|