|Cornwall Community Hospital|
Location: Cornwall, Ontario
Posted: November 10th 2022
Deadline: December 31st, 2022
Salary: $34.24 - $49.02 per hour
As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital, you will uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients, clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing patient safety and our hospital's senior friendly strategies as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and the workplace of choice. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment and selection process.
We are recruiting for a Registered Nurse. This is a permanent, full-time position.
This posting is being advertised under the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN). Nurses hired through the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) may be eligible for a $25,000 hiring incentive.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the role of Registered Nurse (RN) at CCH is to deliver safe, effective, patient-centered, ethical, and evidenced-based nursing care. The overall function of the RN is to assist our patients and community to manage clinical conditions and transitions and maximise their self-care abilities as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care. The RN also acts as a resource for members of the care team.
Members of this team cover absences on any unit for the duration of the shift. The RN will take on a full assignment and work collaboratively with the patient care team on the unit in which he/she is assigned.
- Holds current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Is committed to living the mission and values of Cornwall Community Hospital
- Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Recent demonstration of technical skills and use of equipment in the clinical setting (e.g. CVADs, TPN, IVs, pumps)
- Current certification in non-violent crisis intervention advanced
- Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French – and testing completed)
- Two years of experience in an acute medical and/or surgical setting.
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support is an asset
- Current RNAO membership is an asset
Key skills or competencies:
- Superior interpersonal organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to change
- Excellent patient assessment, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop, implement, evaluate, and adapt a therapeutic nursing plan (care plan)
- Ability to teach and mentor RPNs, RNs, students as required
- Completes mandatory training as required at the unit level
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for a position with the Cornwall Community Hospital, unless they have an exemption on a medical ground. Upon hiring, proof of vaccination or exemption will be required.
At CCH, we are dedicated to working together in a style that creates a healthy, healing, caring and "patient first" environment. We are a friendly place to work where everyone makes an effort to know you and help you; a community of health care providers who value each other and our varied contributions.
Cornwall Community Hospital
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|