Canadian Blast Freezers/Canada First Brands is a growing meat processing and cold storage company. We are committed to providing industry leading product quality, customer service and new product development in meeting the needs of our customers.
We believe that our success depends on the quality and leadership abilities of our team members. Our goal is to have a talented, competent workforce and provide opportunities for skills development and career advancement.
We are recruiting for a Refrigeration Engineer (Class B).
The Refrigeration Engineer will ensure the efficient, safe operation and maintenance of a class R19 ammonia refrigeration plant in compliance with TSSA regulations and the Operating Engineers Act. This position will require flexibility in work schedule and the ability to work on-call hours.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer the Refrigeration Engineer has the following responsibilities:
- Management the day-to-day operations of the refrigeration system for safe, reliable and efficient operations
- Sets and monitors system controls to math freezer and blast cell loads
- Monitors blast freezer cycles, ensuring temperatures and cycle times are optimized and that produce meets CFIA regulations
- Meets HACCP standards, records temperatures, cycle time of each blast cell on a daily basis. Reports any temperature variations from standard to the plant superintendent.
- Maintains a clean appearance of all piping, floors and equipment
- Does a daily inspection of equipment and physical facilities. Checks for ammonia leaks on a daily basis. Reports equipment deficiencies and damage, co-ordinates with outside supplies for parts and repairs.
- Keeps an equipment log. Ensures all equipment repairs or upgrades are in compliance with TSSA standards.
- Installation and maintenance of water and drainage piping; compressed air piping and ammonia piping systems
- Monitors and records flow rates, pressure and temperature with specific cold chain parameters
- Troubleshoot electrical problems