McGrimmon Corporation is a provider of rental apartments, townhomes and commercial properties in the Ottawa Valley. McGrimmon Corporation is also involved in construction and hauling of aggregates. We currently manage 37 properties in the Renfrew and Cobden area.
We are looking for a licensed, reliable and experienced truck and transport Mechanic to join our team. This is a full-time position.
The Mechanic will be responsible for performing work as jobs arise, working in a safe manner, dealing with the public, and being a team player within our organization. This Mechanic will be responsible for completing the following duties thoroughly: engine repair, diagnostics, wiring, and other mechanical duties. The Mechanic should be able to use computer diagnostic equipment and will be mainly responsible for a fleet of trucks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Assists other mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.