Early Childhood Specialist
Early Childhood Specialist
|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: November 10th 2022
Deadline: November 24th, 2022
Salary: $18.29-$23.10 per hour
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve, and advocate for our military community, its members and families, and address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
We are recruiting for an Early Childhood Specialist. This is a permanent, full-time position to start in December 2022. This position is 37.5 hours per week, working Monday to Friday from8:00am to 4:00pm. Some evenings and Saturdays will be required.
The Early Childhood Specialist reports to the Private Home Daycare Supervisor and is responsible to provide on-site instructional activities and quality programming that promotes positive parenting, healthy infant and child development to support family cohesion whilst providing the optimal development of infants and children’s activities (0-6). Direct interaction with the children in all areas of the program and its activities is required. The Early Childhood Specialist creates and leads a supportive, nurturing learning environment that encourages motivation for the children and their parents.
- Degree in social sciences, diploma in early childhood education or equivalent job experience and training
- Registration and good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators is mandatory
- First Aid-CPR certification is required
- Knowledge of Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years - How Does Learning Happen is an asset
- Language requirement: English mandatory; French mandatory
- Screening requirement: enhanced reliability, criminal record, vulnerable sector, IS security procurement
- Early childhood education, early learning, or a human services field
- Childcare programming
- Data, record-keeping and retrieval techniques
- Measuring and analyzing service performance
- Networking with community resources
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team
Conditions of Employment:
- Requirement to be fully vaccinated (two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine).
- Adhere to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality.
- Participate in and assist with all special events when required.
- Provide proof of any applicable registration with the respective regulatory body if applicable.
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance, and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance.
- Travel within the County of Renfrew.
- Thorough understanding of Canadian Armed Forces communities, systems, and policies to effectively assist families in accessing appropriate services and supports.
Benefits include 2% RRSP matching after the first year of employment. Leave entitlements (vacation, sick leave, personal and family-related days). Health and dental benefits, life insurance and long-term disability.
Closing: November 24, 2022.
Due to COVID-19 health and safety measures, this position will be required to balance working from home and at the office as required. The selection process and interviews will be done virtually.
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format. Please include your daytime contact number and email address. Should you require accommodation during the selection process, please let the human resources generalist know.
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Human Resources Generalist|
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
Petawawa, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|