|Town of Gananoque|
Location: Gananoque, Ontario
Posted: April 6th 2019
Deadline: April 19th, 2019
Salary: $28.33 to $33.73 per hour
Join us in Gananoque, a picturesque town of 5,200 residents located among the 1000 Islands along the shores of the St. Lawrence River. A vibrant tourist destination, we enjoy the quality of life of a small town with larger city centres just minutes away.
We are recruiting for a Civil Technologist. This is a one-year contract.
Reporting to the Manager of Public Works, the Civil Technologist is responsible for providing technical support relating to the repair, maintenance, and replacement of town assets, such as roads, concrete curb and sidewalk, bridges, sewers, water mains, streetlights, traffic lights, and regulatory and warning road signs.
- Responsible for pre-engineering such as locating underground infrastructure;
- Organizing geotechnical investigations;
- Performing detailed topographic surveys;
- Construction design using AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Preparing sanitary sewer, storm sewer and water main design sheets for MOECC submissions;
- Preparing tender documents;
- Advertising tenders, RFP’s and RFQ’s;
- Assisting with contract administration, and construction inspection.
- Responsible for providing engineering review, approval and inspection of municipal services for site plan developments, review of encroachment permit requests, site alterations and fill permits, driveway, curb cut and entrance permits, road occupancy permits, municipal consents, and lot grading review and approval.
- Post-secondary diploma in civil engineering technology and a member in good standing with OACETT or equivalent education, experience and professional accreditation.
- Five years of progressive experience relating to municipal infrastructure construction and supervision of job sites with knowledge of construction practices and standards.
- Proven project management, planning, organization, analytical, decision making and problem- solving skills and sound technical experience.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcGIS, Topographic Survey, etc.
The 2019 annual hourly rate is $28.33 to $33.73 and is based on a 40-hour work week.
Please email your confidential application no later than 12 noon on April 19, 2019.
The Town of Gananoque is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected and will be only used for the purpose of the candidate selection.
|Shellee Fournier, CAO|
Town of Gananoque
30 King Street East, PO Box 100,
Gananoque, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|