|Almonte General Hospital|
Location: Almonte, Ontario
Posted: September 8th 2019
Deadline: November 7th, 2019
The Almonte General Hospital, Fairview Manor and Lanark County Paramedic Services have been recognized for providing exemplary care to its local residents and the surrounding population for generations. With 450 dedicated and highly trained staff members and a growing number of physicians, we proudly offer the attention and personal care that only a small community hospital can provide. We are a 52-bed hospital that offers an extensive range of services including a complete range of obstetrical care, 24-hour emergency department, medical and surgical services, complex continuing care and a growing perioperative program.
Our team of paramedics provide services for over 57,000 residents throughout Lanark County and our long-term care facility is currently the home to 112 residents. Our organization provides a continuum of excellent, efficient and integrated services with our focus being to improve the health and quality of life of those we serve.
We currently are currently seeking casual Recreation Therapists to join our teams at the hospital and Fairview Manor.
- Degree or diploma in recreational therapy, recreational leadership or a similar designation from a recognized university or community college
- Completion of additional courses in gerontology and techniques in recreation for the specialized geriatric population
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous experience in a hospital or long-term care setting
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office), knowledge of RAI-MDS would be considered an asset
- Successful completion (within 6 weeks of hire) and annual renewal of Class “F” driver’s licence
- Be committed to excellence, quality and the safety of our patients and residents
- Demonstrate a caring and empathetic attitude while working in a manner that is compliant with our patient, resident and employee safety practices, policies and organizational procedures
- Have the ability to meet all the demands of the position both physically and cognitively
- Able to work cooperatively and respectfully within our team environment
- Contribute to an environment that is conducive to the organizations workplace violence and harassment policy.
If you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources to let us know how we may assist you.
|Kathy Scapillati, Human Resources Coordinator|
Almonte General Hospital
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|