Process & Compliance Technician
Process & Compliance Technician
|Ontario Clean Water Agency|
Location: Alfred, Ontario
Posted: April 2nd 2021
Deadline: April 16th, 2021
Salary: $1,162.41 to $1,383.33 per week
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy, sustainable communities and organizations, and provide safe, reliable drinking water to thousands of Ontarians each day.
Join our team as a water/wastewater professional with OCWA. We are recruiting for a Process & Compliance Technician (Bilingual). This is a 12-month, fixed term position.
In this role, you will implement programs to support environmental compliance, process control programs, and health and safety requirements for water and wastewater treatment processes within the Eastern Region.
- Class 3 certification in Water Treatment, Class 3 certification in Wastewater Treatment.
- May consider lesser qualified candidates as underfill - minimum Operator-in-Training (OIT), as specified in O.Reg. 128/04 of the Safe Drinking Water Act and O.Reg. 129/04 of the Ontario Water Resources Act.
- Oral and written French language skills at the advanced level.
- Post-secondary education in an environmental discipline or field knowledge.
- Valid Class G driver’s licence.
- Availability after regular working hours for emergency situations or on-call.
- If you are not certified, please review this link to find out how to become certified: https://owwco.ca/getting-your-certificate-or-licence-for-the-first-time/
- Good knowledge of water and wastewater treatment operations.
- Extensive knowledge in environmental compliance and health and safety requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of the processes related to water and wastewater treatment.
- Good knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant regulatory and legislative acts, codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related to workplace safety.
- Good knowledge of environmental compliance, including relevant regulatory and legislative acts, codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related environmental compliance and the impact on the operation of the water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Good knowledge and understanding is required to apply, interpret, implement and maintain programs based on legislated requirements and various internal operational processes.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, operating programs and systems.
Skills and abilities include:
- Analytical, problem-solving, planning and scheduling skills to inspect, operate and monitor processes and equipment; make process control adjustments; and resolve operating issues.
- Demonstrate analytical skills to analyze data, monitor local performance against legal requirements and corporate goals, and resolve compliance issues.
- Evaluative skills to evaluate compliance and quality status of water and/or wastewater treatment facilities.
- Auditing and inspection skills to conduct internal audits, respond to findings, participate in inspections and make recommendations to assigned facilities.
- Excellent oral and presentation skills to provide technical compliance advice to a variety of internal and external contacts, in addition to facilitating in-house training to operations staff.
- Excellent written skills, with an ability to prepare written technical letters, reports, and procedures which will include photos, charts and graphs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of database functions and maintenance programs.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
Please apply by e-mail, only, with an application or resume and a covering letter (PDF format preferred) saved as “JOB ID – First Last Name”, clearly, completely and concisely showing how you meet what we are looking for, and quoting Job ID 162681 (File OCWA-60-21-ER).
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- You will be eligible for additional pay for certification, should you be successful in completing and maintaining facility water/wastewater operator’s licences.
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 25 years.
- Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
- A defined benefit pension plan; Comprehensive Health Plan; Life and Disability Insurance.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits, including for adoptive parents.
Ontario Clean Water Agency
Alfred, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|