The South East Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is responsible for planning, managing and funding health care at the local level, as well as the delivery and coordination of home and community care. One of 14 LHINs established by the Government of Ontario, the South East LHIN is driven to design and deliver quality, patient-centred health care to achieve the vision of “better system, better care” and meet the needs of residents who call this region home.
We are recruiting for a Change Management Specialist. This is a temporary, full-time position for up to one year with the possibility of an extension.
Committed to ensuring health care services maximize available resources are aligned with regional and provincial priorities, and meet local needs and priorities, the LHIN continues to work with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, in partnership with patients, families, health service providers and health care innovators to transform the health care system in Ontario – today and into the future.
The South East region extends from Brighton on the west, to Prescott and Cardinal on the east, north to Perth and Smith Falls, and back to Bancroft. The boundaries are for funding and planning purposes only. Residents of the South East LHIN can seek health care services wherever they prefer, inside or outside these boundaries.
In order to support the key priority of creating healthy communities by reducing wait times for specialist care, Ontario Health is supporting the continued expansion of an electronic referral (eReferral) system to the Ontario East region as well as throughout the province.
The program delivering the eReferral technology, program and overall framework is part of Ontario Health eServices. The South East eReferral Deployment Team is the local delivery partner of the program and will work with the eServices program and local stakeholders to facilitate the expansion of the eReferral solution to ensure that local and provincial requirements and needs are being identified and addressed.
In addition to the initial adoption of eReferral for hp and knee referrals, the South East Deployment Team has successfully implemented eReferral with all the regional hospitals diagnostic imaging departments as well as with several DI IHFs. The team will continue to expand use of eReferrals with many other receiver pathways such as mental health, oncology, home and community care, pediatrics, low back pain and more.
On the primary care sender side we currently have about 25% of the doctors using eReferral and this will continue to grow as we expand the number of receiver pathways.
The Change Management Specialist will play a key role in the successful implementation and adoption of the eReferral technology in the South East LHIN. The Change Management Specialist will apply a structured change management approach and methodology to support primary care and specialists in the adoption of the eReferral technology in a variety of healthcare settings. The individual selected will need to build and support numerous stakeholder relationships and work with and learn from change management supports within the systems coordinated access (SCA) program to ensure a successful implementation in South East LHIN.
This individual will be the primary point of contact for primary care physicians and specialists using the eReferral solution in South East LHIN including solo practitioners, family health teams, family health organizations, and others.
- Work with the SCA program office change management lead to apply a structured change management approach and methodology to support eReferral adoption
- Work with the SCA program office benefits realization lead to produce reporting and data analytics to support the overall adoption of eReferral
- Provide on-job support and formal training to primary care physicians and specialists
- Work closely with primary care and specialists to strengthen their capacity on e-referral, data analysis and data use
- Be an active and visible coach to clinicians and stakeholders
- Work with primary care, specialists and the SCA program team to create workflows and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of users
- Identify potential risks, points of resistance, performance gaps and develop appropriate mitigation activities. Work with partners to remove barriers to change
- Work with the SCA benefits realization program team to support evaluation to capture the organizational and clinical value of SCA and eReferral
- Maintain information exchange and collaboration with the SCA program change management lead and change management team to ensure local referral strengthening activities complement the broader program vision
- Support SCA participation agreement sign off
- Document lessons learned and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of successes
- Other duties as assigned