In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
For decades, Ottawa has been a global technology leader. Today, Canada’s capital holds one of the brightest and most diverse technological ecosystems in North America. Voted as Canada’s best place to live 2017 by Macleans , Ottawa offers a low cost of living with a high quality of life. The Thales Ottawa office has been a major supplier and long-term trusted partner to DND, enabling the Canadian Armed Forces and the Canadian Coast Guard to achieve mission success.
To support our growth, we are seeking a Master Scheduler to join our team in Ottawa.
The incumbent will be responsible to prepare, monitor and maintain waterfront schedules, providing accurate and timely reports as required, to support the AJISS (Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ships & Joint Support Ships) enterprise. The preparation and maintenance of these schedules are done in close conjunction with the various stakeholders (ie: ship maintenance coordinators, team leaders, DND Canada, FMF, and sub-contractors) as required. The schedules will be used to identify the program critical paths in conjunction with end customers and other project companies.
Key Job Functions:
- Liaise with key stakeholders to develop a valid and accurate bid and project schedules
- Liaise with key stakeholders to maintain valid and accurate project schedules in accordance with a weekly update cycle
- Highlight areas of schedule and cost concern and identify potential actions for improving performance
- Represent Thales as part of the Waterfront team in planning and execution of the maintenance activities in any work or docking period
- Advise the Ship Maintenance Coordinator of scheduling or production issues that might impact on key schedule dates
- Ensure data transfer, data coordination between various program management software systems to ensure capture of accurate performance data
- Reconcile performance data generated from the systems with real project performance through communication with members of the project team
- Prepare and maintain contract and task change proposals (CCP/TCP) and other relevant information
- Integrate scope variations via CCP/TCPs into existing project schedules including analysis of any impact to the existing program
- Regularly report to the Project team on progress and project performance
- Carry out analysis of project schedule and cost performance
- Assist the Ship Maintenance Coordinator in resource levelling and other appropriate suitable techniques to identify suitable project execution strategies to reduce execution costs and improve schedule performance
- Assist with planning functions including project structure with relevant documentation and maintain and update cost status of work packages
- All applicants must be able to obtain a Canadian security clearance and meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the Canadian Controlled Goods Registration Program and ITAR
- Postgraduate qualifications or training in the area of business, finance, accounting, project management or engineering is desirable
- 5 + Years of experience of scheduling projects
- Competent user of Primavera, with knowledge of other scheduling tools (ie: MS Project)
- Project planning knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- A high level of computing skills particularly with MS Office
- Prior experience in shipbuilding, repair, or maintenance industry is desirable
- Excellent communications skills including the ability to prepare and present reports to a range of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to promote cooperation at all levels