|Ottawa Catholic School Board|
Location: Ottawa Catholic School Board, Ontario
Posted: September 22nd 2019
Deadline: October 1st, 2019
Salary: $79,239 - $85,950 per year
The Ottawa Catholic School Board is recruiting for a Chaplaincy Leader.
Responsibilities of this position:
- To develop positive relationships between school and church communities
- To facilitate the liturgical life of the school community
- To build relationships with youth and adults that leads to their personal growth in Jesus Christ
- To honour the pastoral care of the entire school community
- To lead a chaplaincy team in meeting the sacramental and communal needs of the school community, including facilitating retreats
- To lead, promote and collaborate in social justice initiatives and connect with the wider community
- To contribute to Ottawa Catholic School Board goals and initiatives focused on enhancing the distinctive Catholic culture of the board community
- To honour the equity planning strategy and strategic commitments of the Ottawa Catholic School Board
- Must hold a master’s degree in pastoral studies, religious education, theology or equivalent
- A background which includes leadership experience in youth ministry and adult faith
- Experience in pastoral work
- A demonstrated knowledge and experience of liturgical planning and facilitation
- A demonstrated knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church
- A demonstrated capacity for developing and leading social justice and outreach activities with a school community
- A demonstrated commitment to their faith and the Catholic community
- An understanding of youth culture and their needs within an educational setting
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to the building of Catholic professional learning communities
- Expertise in collaborating on projects of community building at the school and system level
- Excellent organizational skills
The Board is creating an eligibility list for future position(s) with an annual salary range of $79,239 - $85,950.
An application must be accompanied by proof of qualifications and a letter from a Pastor attesting to the candidate’s parish involvement.
Applicants are invited to forward a resume by October 1, 2019, quoting COMP-19/364.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, (AODA), if you require accommodations at any time throughout the application process, please contact Debra Nolan in the Human Resources Department 613-224-4455 ext. 2421 or via email at email@example.com prior to the posting closing date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Ottawa Catholic School Board
570 West Hunt Club Road,
Ottawa Catholic School Board, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|