Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
|Edwardsburgh Cardinal Public Library|
Location: Spencerville, Ontario
Posted: April 6th 2019
Deadline: April 18th, 2019
Salary: $23.75 per hour
The Edwardsburgh Cardinal Public Library is currently accepting applications for the position of Chief Executive Officer. This position is 10 hours per week.
- Responsible for the overall administration, organization and planning of all Library operations and services, in accordance with the requirements of the Public Libraries Act and the policies established by the library board.
- Advises the board and makes recommendations concerning new policies and services.
- Serves as the board’s representative to the community, to professional organizations, and to government agencies including the ministry responsible for libraries.
- Board Work - Work with the appointed board treasurer to record monies received and expenses incurred and will ensure that accurate information is given to the municipal treasurer who has administrative responsibility for the library financial records.
- Prepare all such reports and statements as required by the board, the ministry, the municipality and all other recognized authorities.
- Serve as board secretary to provide notification to members, prepare meeting agendas and inform board members of pertinent information and will work with the recording secretary of the board
- Finance - Prepare combined annual operating and capital budgets for the board
- Make applications for and administers special grants on behalf of the library including for the summer student programs.
- Prepare the annual survey of public libraries and makes application to the provincial Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport for the Public Library Operating Grant.
- Policy and Planning - Carry out board policies and directives
- Advise the board on matters of policy and recommends policies to meet the goals of the library and to meet the needs of the community for library services and facilities
- Review existing policies and recommends changes or additions
- Be responsible for the safety and protection of the library staff, the contents of the library and the public using the facilities. The CEO shall work closely with the local fire department in establishing fire prevention, escape routes and security measures.
- Personnel - Advise the board on staffing requirements and training
- Will coordinate and assist with the training of staff and volunteers
- Will oversee the duties of staff and volunteers, maintaining the work schedules required for the operation of the library.
- Act as liaison between staff and the board
- Prepare position descriptions for each category of employee as required and this will include a description of the typical duties, required knowledge, ability and skills and qualifications
- Programs and services - Working with branch staff, is responsible for selecting the print and non-print materials for the Spencerville branch
- Co-ordinate the ordering of supplies, furnishings, and equipment for both branches as the need arises
- Prepare and present items of concern or interest to the Board, including the coordination of any reports from the branches into one combined report for the Board
- Public Relations - Act as liaison with other community organizations for the library as a whole
- Bring unresolved patron problems and complaints to the attention of the board
- Working with branch staff, is responsible for marketing and promotion of the library through newspaper articles or social media postings
There may be other duties as assigned by the board.
- EXCEL graduate, library and information technician diploma or equivalent post-secondary school qualifications
- At least three-years of experience in a public library or equivalent experience
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer-service focus
- Good organizational and communication skills as a collaborative team player
- Knowledge of trends in adult, teen and children’s literature in a variety of formats and trends in emerging technologies and library innovation
- Computer literacy skills including common office programs (Outlook, Microsoft Office/Word/Excel) as well as social media, library websites and library software
- A Police Records Check is required
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter.
Please submit all applications electronically.
Applications deadline: Thursday, April 18, 2019, 5:00 pm.
Applications submitted after this time can not be accepted.
Please note: Only electronic submissions sent to the email address above will be accepted. Applications dropped off at either branch will not be accepted. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Tim East, Chair |
Edwardsburgh Cardinal Public Library
Spencerville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|