Public Library CEO
Public Library CEO
|Lanark Highlands Public Library |
Location: Lanark, Ontario
Posted: April 6th 2019
Deadline: April 30th, 2019
The Lanark Highlands Public Library is seeking an experienced, energetic and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Library and Community:
Located in the centre of Lanark County, Lanark Highlands offers the tranquillity of country living with the convenience of easy access to the many amenities offered only 15 minutes away in the Town of Perth or about 30 minutes away in Carleton Place or Almonte. The Lanark Highlands Public Library is an important community hub proactively encouraging literacy, communication, connectivity and creative thinking through its quality, future-focused library services. We require a committed individual at the helm who appreciates the needs of this vibrant rural community steeped in history and the arts. The library services a regular population of over 5,000 people annually.
- Develop and administer a comprehensive program of library services for the residents of Lanark Highlands and the surrounding area
- Direct everyday operations including training, evaluating and supervising the library team
- Serve as the principal communication link between the library board, the township and library partners
- Prepare and administer the annual budget and grants in consultation with the treasurer
- Take part in community development activities, from a community-led librarianship approach
Complete Job Description
- Completion of a post-secondary program in library or information science or equivalent experience
- Direct management experience preferred
- Will consider recent graduates or those in the process of earning their degree with sufficient experience in managing programs and staff
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple priorities
- Experience in strategic and operational planning including library collection building and expansion
- Experience in budgeting and managing finances including grant programs
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations relating to all aspects of public libraries and the municipal environment
- Knowledge of grant programs and application processes
- Awareness of emerging trends in libraries, including technology and e-resources
- Political astuteness and an understanding of the relationship between the Board and the township's council and staff
- A proven ability to champion and successfully implement change
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills
- An ability to delegate and to manage and motivate staff
The CEO position is 20, flexible, hours per week. The Lanark Highlands Public Library offers a competitive starting salary range of up to $25.00/hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit resumes and covering letters outlining how their skills and experience match the position requirements by 5:00 pm, Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
Emailed resumes with PDF attachments is preferred. No telephone calls please. Submissions will be reviewed by the selection committee appointed by the Lanark Highlands Public Library board and qualified candidates will be contacted for the first round of on-site interviews which will take place in May 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will be used strictly for the purpose of candidate selection.
|Bob Mezzatesta, Board Chair|
Lanark Highlands Public Library
75 George Street,
Lanark, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|