Summer Employment Transitions Job Coach
Summer Employment Transitions Job Coach
|Community Living Campbellford Brighton|
Location: Campbellford, Ontario
Posted: March 9th 2019
Deadline: March 22nd, 2019
Community Living Campbellford-Brighton is a non-profit organization that provides support and services to people with an intellectual disability. We have been a nationally accredited organization since 2000 and have maintained our accreditation standing in each of our five quality reviews conducted by the Council on Quality & Leadership (CQL).
We are recruiting for Summer Employment Transitions Job Coaches. There are multiple positions.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Summer Employment Transitions (SET) Developer, this position includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing assistance to youth participants who have developmental and/or other disabilities looking for work and then working in paid jobs within the community
- Performing cold calls to employers and following up to secure work opportunities that meet acceptable safety standards
- Providing supervision and training for participants under the direction of the Supervisor of Support and Services
- Offering a peer role-model relationship, while coaching the participant to learn work skills and personal management skills (teamwork, job safety, work ethics and workplace etiquette)
- Providing the participant with assistance and support to develop their full potential for work skills, work habits, socialization and age appropriate behaviour, while being aware of medical and physical conditions that might create difficulties for the participants
- Fulfilling work duties until such time the participant can work independently and remaining on site for the duration of their shift
- Maintaining open communication with the employer
- Completing necessary documentation and record keeping as required
- Continuously checking in with the SET Developer to provide updates on participants
- Developing a social rapport with the youth participant
- Promoting conditions and practices to ensure the health and safety of the youth involved in community employment, ensuring appropriate action is taken in the event of an injury or illness, if needed and reporting unsafe condition or practices to the employer
- Representing and promoting awareness of Community Living Campbellford-Brighton’s mission and vision to the community
- Providing excellent customer service to employers, families, schools and Community Living Campbellford-Brighton employees
- Experience working with persons with developmental disabilities and/or other human services
- Returning student with at least 1 year of post-secondary school completed
- Strong communication abilities both written, oral and electronic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and conduct work within appropriate privacy standards
- Aptitude to learn quickly and to work independently or as a team
- High degree of initiative
- Ability to relate to youth participants in a professional and caring matter
- Strong computer skills
- Access to a vehicle at all times during scheduled work hours (travel costs reimbursed)
- Positive attitude and a willingness to work varying hours as the job requires, including nights and weekends
- Ability to speak to community members with confidence
- Experience public speaking is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid – CPR Level C certification
- A Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Search (within the last 6 months)
- Able to maintain a professional attitude; ability to handle stressful situations
This is a student contract and there are multiple positions avaialble. Hours of work are 30-40 per week and include days, evenigns and weekends.
All applications should reference “Job Posting #203” and be sent marked confidential by March 22, 2019 at 4:00pm including resume and covering letter.
Community Living Campbellford-Brighton is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, CLC-B will provide assistance to applicants who request accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for expressing their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Leslie Steeves, Director of Human Resources|
Community Living Campbellford Brighton
65 BRidge Street East, PO Box 1360,
Campbellford, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|