Location: Eastern Ontario, Ontario
Posted: March 31st 2021
Deadline: May 30th, 2021
Bourgon Construction is a general contracting, project management and design-build firm serving Eastern Ontario. We have regional offices in Kingston and Cornwall and have full-service teams working from both locations.
We are looking for disciplined, creative and personable Commercial Carpenters with experience working for general contractors on ICI and multi-residential projects in the $0.5M to $30M range.
With several large commercial projects underway, we are looking to add skilled producers to our group in Hawkesbury, Cornwall, Barrhaven, Brockville and Kingston.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to work with blueprints and prepare the layout of the project;
- Work with all construction materials such as wood, steel, drywall, concrete and fiberglass;
- Use of all common carpentry and building tools, including precision layout instruments;
- Erect scaffolding;
- Build concrete forms;
- Assist in the implementation, management and monitoring of the safety program;
- Check work along the way regarding specifications and building code;
- Other tasks as required.
- Completion of high school is required and a Carpenter’s licence is highly desirable;
- Experience in Canadian ICI construction is required;
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills are required;
- Sheet metal and siding experience and/or hardware installation experience are important assets;
- Some site supervision and team leadership experience is highly desirable;
- Able to do physically demanding work.
Please note that this position is not suitable for candidates currently working as apprentices or junior licensed carpenters.
This is a career position with growth opportunity. A comprehensive benefit plan including retirement savings is available.
We embrace a ‘master-builder’ approach to projects within our range of expertise, and we aim to have our managers steer projects through from planning and estimation to completion and handover. This approach creates the big-picture experience, the accountability, and the one-on-one relationships we enjoy.
We value people who are energized by this hands-on approach, work well with others, are meticulous by nature, and enjoy continuous training and development.
Eastern Ontario, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|