Greenfield’s mission is to unlock the potential of people, partnerships and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet.
If you love to enhance customer experiences, thrive in a continuous improvement environment, believe in a culture of safety, and want to join a high-performance team that is passionate about operational excellence and cares about its role in the world, Greenfield is the perfect place to build your career.
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Manager at our Johnstown location.
Working in our Johnstown Plant, the incumbent will be part of a group of skilled tradespeople who maintain machinery, mechanical equipment and assets in coordination with stakeholders affected by the work, in an efficient, safe and environmentally conscious manner. Assets include: hammer mills, fermenters, pumps, piping, blowers, augers, air compressors, air dryers, evaporators, centrifuges, motors, agitators, pneumatic equipment, bucket elevator, conveyors, control valves and instrumentation, distillation columns, heat exchangers, cooling towers, molecular sieve units, tanks, office and plant building structure, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, and repair industrial equipment within the plant to ensure the ongoing and reliable operation of plant equipment and systems
- Assess, report on, promote, and carry-out process improvement initiatives, specifically related to machine and/or system reliability and improved performance
- Contribute to the development of a predictive and preventive maintenance program, carry-out maintenance activities, and replacement or repair of defective parts, components or system performance testing
- Up-keep of maintenance and parts records using a computerized maintenance management system (Maximo)
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Evaluate condition of mechanical devices in operation by checking calibration, listening to their sounds, verifying pressures, temperatures etc.
- Examine parts to detect imperfections prior to use of new parts, and following use, to determine wearing tendencies and ascertain what changes may be required to extend the service life
- Direct and lead contractors during plant shutdowns and at other times as needed
- Work in a self-directed manner by managing time and tasks to complete work assigned
- Champion and implement at least one continuous improvement activity each year
- Champion a world-class maintenance tool such as Vibration or Ultrasonic analysis
- Act as the shipper-receiver for the maintenance department as needed
- Set up and operate drill press, grinders, welders and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts
- Perform pump part and seal replacements using suggested manufacturers recommendations
- Assists in creating PM’s for the mechanical portion of plant equipment
- Assists with the setting up of job plans and the preventative maintenance program
- Inputs all required data and information from work orders in Maximo
- Work closely with the maintenance planner-purchaser communicating purchasing needs and other information as required
- Participate positively in and support compliance of FEMAS, FSMA and any other food and feed safety standard
- Maintain files and records of jobs performed and equipment condition as required
- Report any equipment malfunction or safety concern to his/her supervisor
- Adhere to and fully participate in the company’s health and safety, environmental and management system
- Works as a member of a team and/or individually to achieve all outcomes
- Participate in cross-functional teams for RCA, PSSR, CI projects, outages and other committees.