For 30 years, Port Picton Homes has earned its reputation as a leading home development company in and around Prince Edward County. We pride ourselves on providing a superior product and working closely with our clients to make their vision a reality. We work with a strong team of 60 in-house and subcontracted skilled trade professionals and have a proven track record of successful builds and happy customers.
Port Picton Homes is opening a new site that will be in construction for the next 10 years. We are currently seeking a second-year Electrical Apprentice or higher and/or Journeyman, Licensed Electrician for both residential and commercial construction projects.
The Electrician will generally focus on larger projects, such as upgrading an entire floor of buildings or installing an electrical system for a new building.
- Ensure the wiring and electrical components are up to code
- Work efficiently and safely
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Follow provincial and municipal building regulations
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment