|Reference Number: Job ID 150809|
|Ontario Clean Water Agency|
Location: Carleton Place, Ontario
Posted: June 2nd 2020
Deadline: June 15th, 2020
Salary: $26.04-$28.25 per hour
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in our communities, our environment and our people. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations and provide safe and reliable drinking water to thousands of Ontarians each day.
Join our team at OCWA as a water-wastewater professional. We are recruiting for a Mechanic-Operator in Carleton Place.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will use your maintenance skills to perform predictive, condition-based monitoring, preventative maintenance, repairs, installations, upgrades, perform major equipment overhauls, participate in capital projects and operate all process control and other related equipment required in the operations and maintenance of the facilities and systems within the eastern region.
- Trades license as a millwright and/or applicable skilled trade. Those with a valid apprenticeship in an applicable skilled trade may also be considered.
- Ability to obtain Operator-in-Training (OIT), as specified in O.Reg. 129/04 of the Ontario Water Resources Act. (Valid water and/or wastewater operator certifications would be an asset.)
- Valid Class G driver's licence.
- Able to participate in on-call and overtime duties as required.
- Good knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes to operate the facilities.
- Knowledge of water distribution and transmission systems and the related components.
- Working experience or knowledge of the skilled trades for the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment and structures, including, but not limited to, the following skills: pumps, valves, basic electrical repair, welding, plumbing, pipefitting, millwright, gasfitting and steamfitting HVAC and general facility maintenance.
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant regulatory and legislative acts, codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related to water and wastewater operations and maintenance, health and safety procedures and WHMIS.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and chemistry to make calculations for chemical and operating processes.
- Ability to interpret maintenance manuals, blueprints and other technical specifications; use and storage of industrial chemicals.
- Familiarity with computers, including monitoring and operating systems.
- Familiarity with predictive maintenance techniques such as vibration analysis, oil analysis and thermal imaging.
- Experience with CMMS systems and documenting maintenance activities.
Skills and Ability
- Analytical, problem solving and planning skills to perform major equipment overhauls, routine and preventive maintenance, carry out repairs and perform a variety maintenance tasks, resolve maintenance and operational issues, take samples of the water chemicals to make process control adjustments.
- Organizational skills to lead extensive maintenance and repair projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills to liaise with a variety of people, including coworkers, clients and suppliers while keeping accurate logs and writing reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative.
- Ability to perform manual labour.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- Eligible for additional pay for certification should you be successful in completing and maintaining facility water-wastewater operator's licenses.
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 25 years.
- Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
- A defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health plan and life and disability insurance.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits, including for adoptive parents.
Please apply by email only, with an application or resume and a covering letter clearly, completely and concisely showing how you meet what we are looking for, and quoting Job ID 150809, by Monday, June 15, 2020. Your resume should be addressed to Shane Hogan, Hiring Manager and to the attention of Kelly Klein-Swormink.
Only those applicants selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted. Ontario Clean Water Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Ontario Clean Water Agency
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|