Electrical Maintenance Planner
Electrical Maintenance Planner
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posted: May 21st 2020
Deadline: July 20th, 2020
INVISTA: Makers of goods. Advocates of better.
From the fibres in your carpet to the plastic in your automobiles, INVISTA’s commitment to continuous improvement has led its employees to develop some of the most durable, versatile polymers and fibres in the world. A subsidiary of Koch Industries since 2004, INVISTA brings to market the proprietary ingredients for nylon 6,6 and recognized brands including STAINMASTER®, CORDURA® and ANTRON®.
INVISTA also offers specialty chemical intermediates and process technologies. See the bigger picture at INVISTA.com.
INVISTA Canada's nylon manufacturing site located in Kingston, Ontario has an immediate opening for an Electrical Maintenance Planner. The successful candidate will join an existing maintenance team supporting a broad range of industrial machinery and equipment.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Develop quality work plans, using CMMS (SAP), to efficiently perform routine maintenance work. Planning will include detailed scope development, identification and ordering of materials, determining detailed job steps, manpower and skill requirements, work execution scheduling sequence, and specifying precision maintenance details.
- Work closely with reliability engineering to maximize equipment availability through the creation and archiving of effective maintenance plans.
- Work with the procurement organization to set up materials, including both stores stock and non-stock items.
- Create detailed job plans in both Word and SAP,
- Work in collaboration with maintenance technicians and leadership, site operations, other planners, scheduler, contractors and reliability resources to effectively execute the routine maintenance work process and improve equipment reliability.
- Provide troubleshooting support to identify failure modes and develop repair solutions for equipment and systems failures.
- Licensed as an Industrial Electrician or Construction and Maintenance Electrician
- Three years of experience working in an industrial environment developing equipment repair scopes of work, work estimates, maintenance planning, scheduling and/or maintenance engineering
- Experience and knowledge of repair and maintaining best practices on a broad range of equipment with a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Experience in reviewing blueprints, piping and instrument diagrams, construction drawings, etc.
- Experience in a trade maintenance supervision role
- Experience developing optimum maintenance strategies for manufacturing equipment
- Experience with SAP or similar CMMS
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership and teaming skills
- Electrical experience with solid knowledge of repair and maintaining best practices on a broad range of equipment including some instrumentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate well with peers, tradespeople, engineering, operations and management
- Attention to detail, precision and quality
- Knowledge of and experience with planning and maintenance best practices in an industrial environment
- Must place a high value on safety and have past work experience demonstrating it
- Physical condition and health compatible with the duties of this role
- Able to work in a tobacco-free environment
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay rate of $35.90 per hour plus $2.50 per hour retention bonus
- Flexible benefits package
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Optional pension enhancements
- Performance bonus program
- Additional vacation purchase program
- Additional floating holidays
- Education assistance program for job-related training
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume along with a covering letter. Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request.
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|