|Magellan Aerospace, Haley|
Location: Haley, Ontario
Posted: January 26th 2020
Deadline: March 26th, 2020
Salary: $32.03 per hour
Experience the excitement of the aerospace industry in a rural setting!
For over 60 years Magellan Aerospace, Haley has been producing magnesium and aluminum castings for the aerospace industry. Join a diversified maintenance team supporting a global leader in sand casting technology.
We have an immediate opening for a Certified Industrial Millwright. This is a full-time position with Monday to Friday shifts.
The Certified Industrial Millwright will inspect, repair and maintain mechanical equipment in and out of the plant and reports condition of equipment to supervisor. This position offers a wide range of interesting hands-on challenges while working with specialized equipment, and processes.
- Repair parts, lubricants, steel sections, wood and plastics, foundry resins and catalysts, compressed gas, chlorethane and So2 gas
- Receive work assignment from the foreman or production personnel in the event of a breakdown
- Perform preventive maintenance inspection on equipment and reports
- Troubleshoot mechanical-hydraulic, CNC and pneumatic equipment
- Notify supervisor of any repairs required
- Maintain equipment for proper operating characteristics
- Assemble and align gears, bearings and shafts, etc.
- Operate machine tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks
- Perform steel fabrication as required with or without drawings
- Perform all woodworking jobs as required
- May be required to perform preventative maintenance and repairs for lift trucks, other than propane
- Fill out work orders on completion of jobs
- Work at various heights performing required maintenance
- Clean up after completing the job
- Plumbing as required
- Notify the foreman of any job irregularities, faulty equipment or material
- Maintain a clean working area
- Observe plant safety rules and regulations
- Certification for Industrial Mechanic or Millwright (Red Seal)
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Able to apply safe work practices
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, welding and preventative maintenance programs will be considered assets
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package including major medical, dental, short and long term disability (fully company paid)
- Generous company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including company BBQs, service awards, children and adult winter holiday parties, and annual golf tournament
- Employee assistance program
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name Magellan Aerospace Corporation in 1996, deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: people create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haley
634 Magnesium Road,
Haley, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|