|Holiday Inn Express|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: June 13th 2019
Deadline: August 12th, 2019
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke is a new hotel just off Highway 17 in Pembroke. We have 75 rooms with all the comforts of home and business. Our clientele expects an excellent experience in the time they spend with us. We are a multi-year award-winning hotel for quality in excellence and a major contributor to the local market.
We are currently recruiting for a Sales Director. This is a full-time position for a dynamic individual who is looking to build a strong career in the hospitality industry.
As the Sales Director, you will develop and set revenue sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure plans are implemented, results are monitored, and sales goals are achieved. You regularly sell hotel rooms, meeting rooms, and food and beverage through direct client contacts. This is the top sales and marketing job in our hotel.
Your day-to-day activities will be varied. Here’s a look at what you will be involved within this role.
- Manage everyday activities, plan and assign work and ensure you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback
- Create performance goals for colleagues and recognize good performance
- Train team members to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work efficiently
- Recommend or initiate any human resources related actions where needed
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive
- Achieve personal and team sales goals and maximize profitability
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and financial plans
- Create and implement sales plans to drive occupancy
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze market trends
- Assist guests if someone needs help with a request or complaint
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance their guest experience
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales
- Schedule conventions and business group activities at the hotel
- Raise the awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand locally
- Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in marketing or a related field
- Two to four years of experience in hospitality or hotel sales and marketing
- Direct supervisory experience with a sales team, or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English with other languages an asset
- Comfortable making cold calls
- Professional demeanour with corporate clients
- Able to visit businesses locally and within our feeder markets as required
- Willing to travel if necessary for training or to meet a potential client
At Holiday Inn Express Pembroke, we genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of true hospitality each and every day. We are invested in our employees and work to increase their abilities, promote their achievements and consistently build their confidence.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people. If this appeals to you, we would like to hear from you.
Salary to be based on experience and proven track record.
|Lorraine Pecoskie, General Manager|
Holiday Inn Express
8 International Drive,
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|