|Community Living Glengarry Inc. |
Location: Alexandria, Ontario
Posted: September 12th 2021
Deadline: November 11th, 2021
Given the wide range of support services we offer, we need a variety people and skill sets. In addition to a wonderful team of over 50 volunteers, Community Living Glengarry has some 90 staff members. By working for us, you will enjoy a competitive wage and benefits package. This career path also provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in your community and in people’s lives.
We are seeking qualified casual, part-time Support Workers for our different locations. These positions involve a variety of shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, nights and weekends.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Comfortable working with people with intellectual disabilities
- Completed post-secondary education or completion/enrollment in college preferably DSW, BST, SSW, PSW or university studies in social services - education, training and experience a definite asset
- Enjoys working and contributing to a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to assume assigned responsibilities as required for the benefit of individuals we support
- Successfully pass English and/or French language testing, depending on the position
- Valid driver’s licence class G and access to a vehicle
- A criminal check for service with the vulnerable sector (completed within the last six months) prior to the interview
- Must be available for call-ins
Community Living Glengarry was certified bilingual in December 1996. This process took approximately three years. Earning the designation involved translating all documents into French and English and having bilingual staff in key positions. As a result, certain positions in residential and vocational services are designated as bilingual.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Community Living Glengarry Inc. will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Salary: $22.45 per hour plus 5% in lieu of benefits and 4% vacation pay increased to 6% vacation pay after one year service.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
|Human Resources Department|
Community Living Glengarry Inc.
332 MacDonald Boulevard,
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|