|Limestone District School Board|
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posted: October 6th 2020
Deadline: October 26th, 2020
Salary: $72,320-$92,607 per year
The Limestone District School Board, located on the shores of Lake Ontario, proudly serves approximately 19,000 students at 57 schools and 8 education centres covering 7,719 square kilometres in the Townships of Central Frontenac, Addington Highlands, North Frontenac, South Frontenac, Loyalist and Stone Mills, as well the Town of Greater Napanee and Kingston and the Islands.
We are recruiting for a Speech Language Pathologist. This is a temporary, full-time position that is effectively immediately and until March 4, 2021. There is a possibility of an extension without competition.
- Provide assessment, consultation and direct programming for students with speech and language disorders
- Improve students’ communication skills such that they can derive full benefit from their educational program
- Build the capacity of education staff on the nature, impact and effective strategies to improve communication disorders in school-aged children.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to referrals from teachers and administrators.
- Determine the appropriateness of referrals and prioritize according to guidelines determined by educational services documents.
- Observe in classrooms to assist with identification of students needs, teachers expectations and curriculum modification.
- Formal reporting of assessment results for inclusion in the Ontario School Record (OSR).
- Evaluate student progress.
- Provide individual speech-language assessment when indicated.
- Participate in school case conferences to provide consultation and feedback to school staff, parents or guardians regarding the interpretation of assessment data, appropriate programming, and recommendations for students with speech and/or language disorders.
- Consult, when appropriate, in the development of a student’s Individual education plan (IEP).
- Advise and/or assist classroom teachers in the implementation of classroom programming to improve the oral and written language skills of students.
- Work closely with other professional staff from educational services in order to facilitate student success.
- Consult and collaborate on referrals to outside agencies.
- Develop and conduct in-services, workshops and presentations to staff in assigned schools.
- Design and conduct articulation training workshops for speech educational assistants.
- As appropriate, consult with other speech-language pathologists to share expertise on specific issues.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of individual and group therapy goals for students with articulation difficulties.
- Monitor and provide constructive feedback to Communicative Disorder Assistants during the implementation of oral language enrichment groups and articulation.
- Provide individual, small group or classroom support to students who require specialized programming.
Professional Growth and Development
- Develop needed professional skills appropriate to the job assignment.
- Take part in professional development activities that contribute to effective service delivery.
- Demonstrate behaviour that is professional, ethical and responsible.
- Maintain professional records.
- Participate in committees related to board initiatives/projects.
- Perform related professional duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in speech-language pathology from an accredited university and/or eligibility for registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO).
- Two years of clinical speech-language pathology experience is preferred.
- Skill in the use of tests and measurements for assessing communication impairments (speech, language, and pragmatics).
- Knowledge of the nature of school-aged communication disorders and their rehabilitation.
- Ability to travel to multiple work locations as assigned.
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary resource team.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with children, particularly in a school setting, is desirable.
If you are seeking a career where you will have the opportunity to work in a team environment providing support and assistance to an organization dedicated to educating and fostering the well-being of our youth, and you can see yourself in Limestone, please submit your resume package. Please include a cover letter addressed to Erika Reynolds, Human Resources Consultant-Support Staff, a resume outlining how your qualifications, skills and experience will facilitate your success in this position as well as proof of qualifications.
Packages must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. Monday, October 26, 2020, through www.applytoeducation.com.
If you have already registered with www.applytoeducation.com, you will still need to specifically apply to this job posting, in order to be considered for this competition.
We thank all applicants for your interesting in working in Limestone. Only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted and invited to participate in the interview process. Accommodations will be provided to applicants to enable equitable participation in the recruitment process.
|Erika Reynolds, Human Resources Consultant - Support Staff|
Limestone District School Board
220 Portsmouth Avenue,
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|