Newgate 180 has been one of Canada’s leading and most respected drug, alcohol, and gambling addiction rehabilitation treatment centres for more than 40 years. Founded in 1975, Newgate 180 has successfully treated more than 4,000 clients, helping them to overcome their addictions and live happy, functional, full lives. Our experienced, certified staff create custom treatment programs for each of our clients because we understand that all of our clients are different, so we develop treatment programs that are customized, focused, and above all, successful.
Newgate 180 is seeking an Addiction Counsellor for a regular part-time position to work with both men and women under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Conduct client assessments and develop individualized treatment strategies
- Facilitate group counselling sessions
- Provide individual counselling
- Maintain ongoing follow-up contact with clients
- Clinical Note writing and charting
- Provide family counselling
- Prepare final reports and correspondence with employers and family members