|Family and Children's Services of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville|
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posted: January 6th 2020
Deadline: January 31st, 2020
Family and Children’s Services of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville (FCSLLG) is the amalgamated child protection agency for the counties of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville and the surrounding area. It was created in 2011 when the Children’s Aid Society of the County of Lanark, the Town of Smiths Falls and the Family and Children’s Service of Leeds and Grenville united under a common umbrella. Serving a large geographic area of eastern Ontario, FCSLLG is a not-for-profit agency governed by a volunteer board of directors and funded by the Province of Ontario through the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCSS).
FCSLLG is searching for a strategic leader to serve as our Executive Director. We are looking for someone who is capable of leading this $20-million dollar agency and leading 125+ staff through the coming years of change implementation.
Leading a dynamic organization
As our incoming Executive Director, you will work with the agency, the board of directors, community partners and our clients to advance the strategic plan, through an evolving agency and provincial environment, forward. Doing so, you will support our mission, vision and values.
- A master’s degree in social work, public administration or work experience equivalency, including at least 10 years of progressively responsible management service and administration experience within the child welfare field.
- A genuine commitment to the child welfare sector along with solid experience and understanding of related government policy, programming, service models and associated acts and legislation in the field.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to motivate, evaluate and recognize employees; proven ability to share skills and knowledge with others; experience in all components of human resource management.
- Experience building consensus and delivering results with diverse stakeholder groups and partners for common solutions.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a unionized environment.
- Respect for issues of public accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to create positive public awareness and maintain community/partner relationships.
- Competencies in people, resource, financial, change, and risk management and in taking action.
- Excellent written, oral and technological communication and presentations skills with a solid track record of speaking in public forums.
Family and Children’s Services of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville is committed to building a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age or disability.
Family and Children’s Services of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a barrier-free workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter no later than January 31 , 2020 at 4:30pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Interviews will be conducted in February 2020.
| Tony Barnes, Board President|
Family and Children's Services of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville
438 Laurier Boulevard,
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|