|Kingston Frontenac Public Library|
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posted: September 12th 2021
Deadline: October 4th, 2021
Salary: $76,000 - $90,000 per year
Kingston with its unique heritage and character is the major population centre of eastern Ontario. Located on Lake Ontario it is a two-hour drive from Ottawa and a 2.5-hour drive from Toronto and Montreal. It is home to Queen’s University, St. Lawrence College and the Royal Military College. Culture and the arts abound, along with fabulous shopping, dining and outdoor recreational experiences.
Kingston Frontenac Public Library (KFPL) is a progressive, innovative, 16-branch library system with a mission to provide exceptional customer service within the context of a warm and welcoming environment. KFPL enjoys remarkable support from the public and community groups in the City of Kingston and the County of Frontenac, making the organization one of the most dynamic public library systems in Ontario. It is within this exciting context that the organization is seeking to recruit a Manager, Facilities.
The Manager reports to the Director, Facilities and Technology and is responsible for the management of the buildings within the library system, including infrastructure and facility services. With a focus on customer service, the Manager is responsible for ensuring a safe and efficient working environment for the delivery of Library services, including:
- Leading the development of plans and strategies for the provision of facilities management services;
- Coordinating and managing the operations and maintenance of library facilities (preventative, routine and emergency maintenance) carried out by staff, the City of Kingston Facilities, the County of Frontenac townships and service providers;
- Managing the development of policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines for the facilities management service;
- Assisting in the preparation and managing the facilities management budgets (including short, medium, and long-term life-cycle plans, operations, maintenance, and repairs) and making recommendations for improvement, as appropriate;
- Managing facilities staff (10-12 unionized);
- Ensuring that the management team is kept informed on facilities management issues;
- Managing relationships with representatives from the City of Kingston and Frontenac County and townships as it relates to facilities management.
Applicants must possess a minimum of a degree in a related field and/or professional designation such as CFM (Certified Facility Manager), and/or certification in a maintenance trade, five years of facilities management experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
In addition to demonstrating excellent management, leadership, customer service (for internal and external customers), teamwork, interpersonal, negotiation, consultation and communication skills, the ideal candidate will have:
- knowledge of relevant building codes, standards and legislation including health and safety, WHMIS, AODA etc.
- solid understanding of facilities management in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- strong project management, organization, planning, analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- strategic, operational and financial planning skills, demonstrated accountability, demonstrated innovation
- demonstrated knowledge of facilities management software applications, BMS (Building Management System), security systems including alarms and life safety, HVAC
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- The ideal candidate will also have experience in managing construction projects related to building renovations and construction from pre-planning to completion
- Experience in a public sector unionized environment would be an asset
- Applicants must hold a valid Class G driver’s licence and be able to use their own vehicle in the performance of duties
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered including a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience ($83,529-$94,082), and a comprehensive benefits package including pension (OMERS).
Please submit a resume and cover letter before 4:30pm, Friday, October 1, 2021.
Pursuant to AODA requirements, accommodations for disabilities are available to job applicants who are invited to participate in an interview and who request individual accommodation during the recruitment process.
The successful candidate, to whom an employment offer has been made, shall be required to provide a current CRC (criminal record check), including vulnerable sector, at his or her own expense as a condition of employment.
The library is committed to diversity in employment opportunities and welcomes employment applicants from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized and visible minorities, Indigenous-Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ2S+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Thank you for your interest in the Kingston Frontenac Public Library. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
|Amy Rundle, Administrative Assistant|
Kingston Frontenac Public Library
130 Johnson Street,
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|