|Township of Algonquin Highlands|
Location: Algonquin Highlands, Ontario
Posted: January 20th 2021
Deadline: March 21st, 2021
Salary: $93,683.20-$105,448.76 per year
The Township of Algonquin Highlands with a permanent population of 2,000 and a seasonal population exceeding 10,000 is known within Central Ontario as an area of natural beauty where residents enjoy a rural lifestyle second to none.
The Township of Algonquin Highlands is seeking applications from experienced, qualified persons for the position of Operations Manager.
Reporting to the CAO, and as a member of the senior management team, the Operations Manager will have a thorough, practical knowledge of public works, facilities and waste management as well as financial management procedures. The successful candidate will direct and manage resources, will develop, manage and monitor the annual budget while ensuring compliance with all applicable acts and regulations including the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The successful candidate will have working experience and knowledge in the development of asset management plans for government organizations including fleet management, work management programs, facilities and bridge management. The ability to build and sustain effective collaborative relationships with the public, government ministries, public works staff, members of council and various departments within the corporation will be critical to this position.
Complete Job Description
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Five years of experience in a related senior municipal management position.
- Certified Engineering Technologist or equivalent college level business diploma.
- Senior classification, CRS-S (Certified Road Supervisor) is preferred.
- Class DZ licence, AZ preferred.
- Manager of Landfill Operations Certificate or equivalent demonstrated working experience.
- Strong organizational and management skills in personnel, finance, material and information.
- Excellent interpersonal, project/time management, organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to apply supervision, leadership and guidance as well as to focus attention on strategic priorities.
- Strong computer skills.
Applicants must indicate how they meet the minimum qualifications in their resume. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Township of Algonquin Highlands is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process, upon the request of the applicant. Please advise in advance if you require accommodation.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence marked “Operations Manager Application.”
|Dawn Mugford-Guay, Human Resources Coordinator|
Township of Algonquin Highlands
1123 North Shore Road,
Algonquin Highlands, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|