|Township of South Stormont|
Location: Long Sault, Ontario
Posted: June 26th 2020
Deadline: July 6th, 2020
South Stormont is immediately adjacent to Cornwall, Canada's Seaway City. With its rural-urban blend, South Stormont offers the desirable choice of warm, inviting villages or rolling countryside. In South Stormont, you'll find housing costs amongst the lowest in Ontario, and you can choose between village or country life. You can find a comprehensive guide to South Stormont on our website.
The Township of South Stormont seeks Community Planner to work in the Planning and Building Department with a service-oriented team. This is a full-time position.
The Community Planner assists the Director of Planning and Building with services delivered by the planning department. The Community Planner prepares legal documents, zoning administration, providing by-law compliance information, environmental planning and special projects as assigned.
Additional duties include:
- Provide outreach and liaison support to residents, community groups, developers and commercial interests
- Gather data, planning and statistical information, benchmarks applied by others and best practices
- Perform duties with a collaborative and teamwork approach
- Assist with problem-solving, technical support, service delivery, research, advice, technical support, reporting, zoning administration, environmental planning and generally assisting with the day to day services and standards delivered by the planning and building department
- Provide updates, new information and follow up for the municipal GIS land parcel base maps and data systems ensuring quality assurance
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in land use or urban planning, or a related field
- Extensive knowledge of the land use planning system in Ontario, the Planning Act and Provincial Policy Statement
- Membership or eligibility for membership in Ontario Professional Planners’ Institute
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive land-use planning, policy and/or cultural heritage planning experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a municipal planning department
- An excellent team member with the ability to work independently
- Proven skills and abilities to analyze, manipulate and present data in a comprehensive and understandable manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Superior forecasting and research skills
- Flexibility and problem-solving skills
- Strong consultation, facilitation, presentation and liaison skills with community groups, organizations and government bodies
Closing date for submissions: July 6, 2020, at 4:30 p.m.
A salary and benefits program is under review.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. The Township of South Stormont is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants during the hiring process.
|Peter Young, Director of Planning|
Township of South Stormont
2 Mille Roches Road, P.O. Box 84,
Long Sault, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|