|Municipality of South Dundas|
Location: Morrisburg , Ontario
Posted: May 11th 2020
Deadline: May 22nd, 2020
Salary: $58,430-$69,397 per year
The Municipality of South Dundas is recruiting for a Facilities Supervisor. This is a full-time position.
Reporting to the Chief Building Official, the Facilities Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance, repair and overall management of the buildings within the municipality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the community’s facilities needs through community consultation
- Assist the community’s facilities needs by developing short-and long-term objectives and strategies Prepare, monitor and ensure compliance with the approved facilities annual operating and capital budgets
- Control and supervise all expenditures and revenues
- Reports budget deviations in accordance with the municipal policies
- Research and develop alternative revenue-generating and/or funding opportunities
- Prepare reports and recommendations to council on issues relating to the operations and strategic initiatives
- Oversee the maintenance and repairs of facilities by both staff and contractors
- Prepare weekly work schedules, assign personnel and equipment
- Determine materials required to perform necessary tasks and ensures tasks are completed
- Investigate, report and answer on all public inquiries and complaints relating to facilities
- Provide direct front line supervision and is responsible for providing operational work assignments, guidance, discipline, and performance evaluations for staff.
- Administer the purchasing of supplies and services necessary to the facilities operations in accordance with approved budget guidelines
- Prepare, coordinate, implement and supervise tenders for contracted services and materials
- Protects own health and health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant, in-house training regarding occupational health and safety
- Follow all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Post-secondary education in a relevant technical field of study
- Professional designation as Certified Engineering Technician or Technologist or Red Seal Trade certification
- Five years of experience in facilities maintenance
- Management experience is an asset
- Have basic knowledge of leadership, programming, financial management and working with volunteers
- Computer literate
- Working knowledge of facilities codes, standards and regulations
- Strong organizational, management, and leadership skills
- Knowledge of facilities management and risk management practices
- Valid driver's licence
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed; be on call as required
We thank all those applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 613-543-2673. Please know that should you require any special accommodations in order to apply for a position or interview for a position with the Municipality of South Dundas, we will endeavour to make such accommodations.
Qualified candidates should forward their application, including proof of certifications, marked “Facilities Supervisor” by 12:00 pm on May 22, 2020.
Municipality of South Dundas
34 Ottawa Street, P.O. Box 740,
Morrisburg , Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|