|Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen|
Location: Havelock, Ontario
Posted: March 10th 2020
Deadline: April 3rd, 2020
Salary: $67,569-$78,106 per year
The Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, a community in Peterborough County centrally located between Toronto and Ottawa on Highway 7.
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time position of Planner.
Reporting to the Chief Building Official, the Planner is responsible for but not limited to serving as the primary contact for and assisting with the coordination and administration of all forms of development applications (including minor variance)
Provides assistance to advance the economic growth of the township, with a focus on new and ongoing business development opportunities
Undertakes research, provides input and assists with project management related to the development of planning policy and a variety of municipal plans and studies, including community improvement plans, growth and environmental plans, etc.
Complete Job Description
- University degree in planning or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in municipal planning
- Membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) and Registered Professional Planner (RPP) designation is an asset
- Understanding of planning legislation including the Planning Act, the Municipal Act, and other federal and provincial legislation pertaining to municipal planning
- Presentation skills to provide advice, information, comment and respond to inquiries during formal public meetings, council meetings and open houses.
- Knowledge and experience using programs such as MS Office Suite, AgriSuite MDS, Adobe Acrobat, GIS, Municipal Connect and Keystone Complete is an asset.
The Township offers a competitive salary as well as enrollment in the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) and benefits plan. The salary range for this position is $67,569 to $78,106.
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume, marked "Application for Planner" by email or regular mail no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 3rd, 2020.
We thank all applicants and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those who are invited for an interview. Candidates are encouraged to inform of any accommodating requests.
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment only.
|Bryanna Genesse, Finance and Human Resources Assistant|
Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen
P.O. Box 10,
Havelock, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|