|Township of McNab Braeside|
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Posted: October 3rd 2019
Deadline: October 15th, 2019
Salary: $71,916-$83,735 per year
Almost 100 square miles, the Township of McNab Braeside is situated between the towns of Arnprior and Renfrew. The township is within easy commuting distance of Ottawa. Bordering the Ottawa River and White Lake, with the magnificent Madawaska River flowing through it, the municipality is a natural paradise. There are approximately 7,500 residents year-round and we welcome thousands more during the summer months.
The Township of McNab Braeside seeks applications for a Treasurer. This is a full-time position.
Reporting to the CAO-Clerk, the Treasurer will have the overall responsibility for the finance department and the development and implementation of long and short term financial goals and objectives. The Treasurer is a senior management position responsible for providing financial support to committees and council and will perform the statutory duties of the municipal treasurer as defined under the Municipal Act.
Complete Job Description
- A thorough knowledge of financial, purchasing, accounting and auditing principles and practices, applicable legislation and regulatory standards, investment and debt management, provincial grant processes, property taxation, budget formulation, local government functions and responsibilities
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative and self-management, accountability flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communications skills to deal with the public, all levels of municipal staff and members of council on sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to work outside regular business hours as required
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA) is considered an asset, but not mandatory.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume.
The township offers a competitive compensation package based on qualifications and experience. The current 2019 salary range for this position is $71,916-$83,735 plus benefits and OMERS pension. The position is based on a 35-hour work-week and occasionally involves evening meetings.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit a detailed cover letter and resume marked confidential and quoting “Treasurer” no later than 1:00 p.m. on October 15, 2019.
We thank all candidates in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be retained under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and shall only be used for candidate selection purposes and determining eligibility for employment.
|Lindsey A. Lee, CAO-Clerk|
Township of McNab Braeside
2508 Russett Drive, RR#2,
Arnprior, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|