Director of Public Works
Director of Public Works
|Township of Whitewater Region|
Location: Cobden , Ontario
Posted: September 22nd 2019
Deadline: October 2nd, 2019
Salary: Director of Public Works
Located within the scenic Ottawa Valley and bordered by the Ottawa River, the Township of Whitewater Region is a dynamic place to live, work and play. Known worldwide for whitewater rafting and kayaking, we offer a variety of year-round activities such as golfing, snowmobiling, camping, boating, fishing and cross-country skiing.
From our vast acres of farmland to our small, unique hamlets and villages to our wide expanses of water, the Township of Whitewater Region invites everyone to experience rural and urban life in perfect harmony.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Public Works. This is a full-time position.
The Director of Public Works is responsible for the management, administration, direction and control of all aspects of the public works department.
Essential functions include:
- A leadership role with regard to asset management as the technical team lead ensuring coordination and plan implementation.
- Overseeing the transportation services function, including roads maintenance, construction and operations, which is managed by the Roads Superintendent
- Overseeing the environmental services function, including water and wastewater plant operations provided by the Ontario Clean Water Agency, drainage and stormwater management, energy matters and waste management, which are managed by the Environmental Services Superintendent.
Complete Job Description
- Post-secondary education in the field of engineering
- A professional engineer or certified engineering technologist certification is considered an asset
- Strong experience in municipal infrastructure and public works
- Previous experience with budgeting and asset management
- Five years of managerial experience, preferably in a unionized environment, with demonstrated ability to lead strategically and direct departmental staff
- Good interpersonal skills to deal tactfully with the public, staff, bargaining unit and council
- Excellent project and time management, organizational, analytical, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret legal surveys, agreements, maps, drawings, plans, GIS data, etc.
- Basic computer proficiency and report writing are required
- Valid G driver’s licence in good standing with access to private use of a vehicle
Compensation: $83,771-$97,114 (2019 rate of pay) includes 35 hours per week, with OMERS and benefits package.
Please forward your detailed resume with covering letter, referencing “Director of Public Works” by Wednesday, October 2, 2019.
The Township is committed to providing a barrier-free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
|Robert Tremblay, Chief Administrative Officer|
Township of Whitewater Region
44 Main Street,
Cobden , Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|