|Township of South Glengarry|
Location: Lancaster, Ontario
Posted: August 10th 2019
Deadline: August 30th, 2019
The Township of South Glengarry, a historically unique and proud community committed to an innovative future, is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Municipal Clerk for a one-year maternity leave contract. Reporting directly to the General Manager of Corporate Services, the Municipal Clerk will perform the statutory duties as set forth in applicable provincial legislation.
- Fulfils the Clerk’s statutory duties under the Municipal Act and any other Act as required, including organizing and maintaining records of council and official documents of the corporation;
- Reviewing and signing corporate contracts, agreements and by-laws;
- Recording proceedings of council and committee meetings and overseeing the provision of council secretariat;
- Issues statutory notifications as required under the Municipal Act and Planning Act;
- Acts as Commissioner of Oaths;
- Authorizes the issuance of lottery and marriage licenses; performs civil marriages;
- Oversees the maintenance and reporting of vital statistics
- Coordinates appointments to local boards and committees
Complete Job Description
- Degree or diploma in public administration, municipal administration, business management and/or experience in a field related to the major job duties.
- Completion of AMCTO Municipal Administration Program (MAP) and or the Certified Municipal Officer (CMO) designation is considered an asset.
- Experience at a senior level of management, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and statutes including but not limited to the Municipal Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Act, Municipal Elections Act and other legislation related to municipal governance
- Manages and oversees the implementation of corporate communication initiatives.
- Familiar with computer applications with respect to electronic records management, elections and property databases.
- Demonstrated political acumen and ability to negotiate, facilitate and present information to a varied audience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and resume addressing their qualifications and work experiences, marked confidential, no later than 4:00 p.m. on August 30, 2019.
We thank all those applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 613-347-1166. Please know that should you require any special accommodations in order to apply for a position or interview for a position with the Township of South Glengarry, we will endeavour to make such accommodations.
|Cyndi DeVries H.R. Advisor|
Township of South Glengarry
6 Oak Street, P.O. Box 220,
Lancaster, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|