Chief Administrative Officer
Chief Administrative Officer
|Township of South Glengarry|
Location: Lancaster, Ontario
Posted: August 10th 2019
Deadline: September 27th, 2019
The Township of South Glengarry is seeking a highly motivated and accomplished individual for the position of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). Reporting directly to Mayor and Council, the CAO will have a proven record of achieving organizational and administrative excellence.
The ideal CAO candidate will contribute leadership, strategy, direction and enthusiasm in developing and implementing council policies and objectives. The CAO is responsible for the efficient administration of the township and is the primary policy advisor to council. As the leader of the township’s administration team, the CAO oversees the implementation of council’s policies and directives throughout all municipal departments.
Complete Job Description
- Preferred to have a degree in business or public administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have a minimum of seven to 10 years progressively responsible experience as a senior executive in a complex organization with diverse stakeholders. Experience in a municipal government setting or a similar type of public sector organization would be considered an asset but is not a requirement.
- Have a working knowledge of local government operations and financing, the role and authority of township council, the function of the senior municipal staff positions and the necessary procedures to ensure the effective fulfilment of the township’s governance model.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop positive and productive working relationships with mayor and council and the ability to work with, support and respect a governing body.
- Familiarity with and the ability to develop a strong understanding of appropriate legislation and regulations relative to the township council’s mandate.
- Proven leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to lead a team of professionals and influence and collaborate with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to develop and instil a corporate culture of teamwork, achievement and respect.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to research comprehensive reports and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Bilingualism (English and French) considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the Township of South Glengarry, the United Counties of SD&G and Eastern Ontario considered an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and resume addressing their qualifications and work experiences, marked confidential, no later than 4:00 p.m. on September 27, 2019.
We thank all those applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 613-347-1166. Please know that should you require any special accommodations in order to apply for a position or interview.
|Cyndi DeVries H.R. Advisor|
Township of South Glengarry
6 Oak Street, P.O. Box 220,
Lancaster, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|