Bylaw Enforcement Officer
Bylaw Enforcement Officer
|Municipality of Trent Hills|
Location: Campbellford, Ontario
Posted: June 13th 2019
Deadline: June 19th, 2019
Salary: $24.44 per hour
Trent Hills is a vibrant and growing community with a population of 13,000 that is located on the Trent Severn Waterway amongst the rolling hills of Northumberland County.
We are currently recruiting for a By-Law Enforcement Officer. This is a temporary position (one-year contract.)
The By-Law Enforcement Officer is required to work positively with the public in the enforcement of all municipal by-laws and the associated legislation. This involves investigation by telephone, in person and on site. All prosecutions, court actions, enforcements and fine collection will be supervised by the Deputy Chief Building Official and Chief Building Official.
- Graduate of a post-secondary program in police studies, police foundations, law and security, justice and administration or related discipline;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills associated with the educational background;
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook), Worktech, Great Plains and iCompass;
- Valid Class G driver’s licence and a clean driver’s abstract;
- Valid and satisfactory Criminal Background Check;
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Working knowledge of property standards, Ontario court system, Provincial Offences Act, Municipal Act and other related federal and provincial legislation.
Complete Job Description
The pay rate for this temporary vacant unionized position is $24.44 per hour.
Resumes will be received until 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 19, 2019. Please send resumes marked “By-Law Enforcement Officer Competition – Confidential.”
Privacy Act R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M45. We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Municipality of Trent Hills is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call 705-653-1900 ext. 225 or email email@example.com if you require an accommodation to ensure your participation in the recruitment and selection process.
|Kari Petherick, Coordinator of Human Resources|
Municipality of Trent Hills
P.O. Box 1030, 66 Front Street South,
Campbellford, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|