|Reference Number: 2019-NON-GG-186|
|County of Hastings|
Location: Belleville, Ontario
Posted: June 12th 2019
Deadline: June 21st, 2019
Salary: $70,403-$82,345 per annum
Hastings County is currently recruiting for a Purchasing Supervisor. This is a permanent, full-time position.
The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of the procurement process in accordance with applicable regulations, legislation, industry best practices and the county’s purchasing policy. Ensuring an open, transparent and competitive process to procure goods and services in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop strategic procurement programs including maintaining and updating the purchasing and procurement policy and processes to ensure they comply with relevant regulations and reflect best practices.
- Provide advice, oversight and guidance to county departments on procurement processes including the most appropriate method of soliciting bids.
- Facilitate and manage the competitive procurement process in an open and transparent manner including the preparation and administration of requests for quotation, request for proposals and tenders in collaboration with users groups, including attendance at site meetings, evaluation of bids and contract negotiation.
- Ensure procurement requests have been properly approved or authorized in compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the issuance or purchase orders.
- Support the operating departments in the application of the vendor management program.
- Support the operating departments in managing and resolving contract disputes and performance issues (pricing, quality, timelines and discrepancies).
- Represent the county and participate in group buying initiatives and identify opportunities to leverage multiple agency spend (provincial VOR, OECM, eastern Ontario buyers group) to obtain the best value.
- Mitigate risk through the use of bid and performance securities, knowledge of contract law and legal precedent, appropriate supplier insurance and WSIB coverage.
- Implement and maintain an electronic purchasing system and identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Coordinate special procurement assignments and projects as required.
- Update and maintain various statistical databases and websites relating to the purchasing department.
- Maintain a positive, ethical and professional relationship with vendors, contractors and the general public.
- Maintain a positive, constructive working relationship with all staff.
- Manage the disposal of assets in accordance with county policies and procedures.
- Be aware of and carry out the duties of the supervisor as set out in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and county policies.
- Responsible for the supervision of department staff.
- Other duties or various special projects as may be required or assigned from time to time.
- University degree or college diploma in business administration, public administration, supply chain management or related discipline
- Professional purchasing designation (CPPB, CPPO) or equivalent or enrolment in a program leading to a designation.
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible experience in a purchasing or procurement environment preferably in a municipal environment.
- Combination of equivalent education and experience noted above.
- Experience leading the execution of formal competitive procurement processes (Tender, RFP).
- Understanding and appreciative of ethical issues related to public procurement.
- Demonstrated proficiency and competency with various computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and web pages.
- Above average oral and written communication skills to deliver information efficiently and effectively to staff, department heads and all other stakeholders.
- Experienced in negotiating vendor contracts to protect the county’s financial interest.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills including research, data analysis and creative problem-solving.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks efficiently.
- Relevant knowledge of municipal business activities including construction, CCDC contracts; legislation, local government structure and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build professional relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to take initiative, work with minimal supervision, exercise independent judgement and demonstrate sound decision-making.
- Membership in a relevant association e.g. Ontario Public Buyers Association or the Purchasing Management Association of Canada
Hours of work: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
Wage range: $70,403-$82,345 per annum, with excellent fringe benefits (2018 rates)
Please send resume and cover letter by email. Quote: 2019-NON-GG-186 – “Your Name” in the subject line.
Closing date: Friday, June 21, 2019, at 4:00 p.m.
|Juliana Alvarez-Molina, Human Resources Advisor|
County of Hastings
235 Pinnacle Street, P.O. Bag 4400,
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|