Records Management Coordinator-Deputy Clerk
Records Management Coordinator-Deputy Clerk
|County of Hastings|
Location: Belleville, Ontario
Posted: April 6th 2019
Deadline: April 12th, 2019
Salary: $70,403 - $82,345 per annum
Hastings County is currently recruiting for a Records Management Coordinator-Deputy Clerk. This is a full-time position.
This is a non-unionized position reporting to the Clerk. This position is responsible to perform duties related to developing, maintaining and continuously improving the corporation’s records management program as well be responsible for the lifecycle of corporate records both electronic and manual. Additionally, the position will be responsible for fulfilling statutory obligations and supporting the clerk, in accordance with the Municipal Act.
- Provides supports for the lifecycle of corporate-wide records and information management and electronic document management.
- Organizes and classifies active and inactive paper or electronic documents using the Ontario municipal records management system or other systems as adopted by the county.
- Maintain records management systems and verifies that they are accurate and current by maintaining an index of records.
- Maintains compliance with relevant policies, standards the records retention by-law legislation regulations related to records management and including but not limited to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Assist with Freedom of Information requests which includes searching for and reviewing responsive records and preparing documentation.
- Recommends and develops new and improved records management policies and/or tools based on current or changing legislation.
- Provide support to all users regarding records classification and records management procedures for the records retention by-law.
- Develop procedures to assist, train and coach departments in the implementation and management of effective records management.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion at all times in having full-access to personal and business information.
- Provide council secretariat services, including county and committee agenda preparation and meeting attendance to record minutes, draft council and committee reports, including recommendations.
- Perform the responsibilities of the position consistent with the operational principals of the County of Hastings.
- Fulfil statutory roles under the Municipal Act and Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and other legislation as required. Research and prepare county by-laws. Respond to external inquiries and requests to the office of the warden, CAO and Clerk as directed.
- Research and assist in the development of corporate service performance reporting initiatives and customer service strategies and programs.
- Protect own health and health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services regarding occupational health and safety. Follows all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Post-secondary education in records and information management (RIM) or public administration from an accredited college or university.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a municipal administration environment
- Demonstrated ability to deal with changing issues and priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as document management and internet related software.
- Demonstrated research, analytical, report writing and record keeping skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to promote positive public relations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals, elected officials and organizations.
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration combined with relevant municipal government experience may be considered an equivalent.
- Membership in the Association of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario or an expressed willingness to obtain.
- Experience with the Ontario municipal records management system (TOMRMS) is preferred.
- A good working knowledge of the Municipal Act would be an asset.
Salary range: $70,403 - $82,345 per annum.
Please send resume and cover letter by email. Quote: Records Management - 131 – “Your Name” in the subject line.
Closing date: Friday, April 12, 2019 at 4:00 pm
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
|Yvette Fournier, Human Resources Advisor|
County of Hastings
235 Pinnacle Street, PO Box 4400,
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|