Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: November 27th 2019
Deadline: December 8th, 2019
Salary: $63,297-$77,746.50 per year
The Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health is recruiting for a Communications Specialist. This is a full-time position.
The Communications Specialist, graphic communications will support the development, implementation and continuous evaluation of the Centre’s overarching communications and social media strategies, designed to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders. The Communications Specialist will provide support to all centre programs and services, particularly around planning, producing and editing of final products for public consumption. With strategic support from the manager, communications, the communications specialist, graphic communications will play a lead role in the planning, development, promotion and distribution of the centre’s products and programs.
- Supporting the development, implementation and continuous evaluation of the communications and social media strategies
- Work closely with the manager, communications to support the development and implementation of the strategies, for both internal and external stakeholders
- Support centre staff with the use of templates and visuals to ensure consistent, effective and cohesive use of centre brand
- Assist the manager, communications with continuous quality improvement of the communications and social media strategies to ensure they are valuable for both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide communications and graphic communications support to all centre programs and services
- Identify strategic communications, graphic communications and marketing opportunities that arise
- Represent communications at program and service meetings and ensure it is being considered and discussed as a part of work plans (e.g. audiences, timelines, branding guidelines, translation requirements)
- Review, design, edit or format public-facing documents to ensure consistent use of branding guidelines and graphic communications best practices
- Review, design, edit or format web and social media content to ensure consistent use of branding guidelines and graphic communications best practices
- Leading or supporting the planning, development, promotion and distribution of the centre’s products and programs
- Work closely with centre staff and management to propose the concept and elements of knowledge mobilization products
- Work closely with managers and project leads to identify visual and graphic content as well as stories to share on the centre’s website, social media and e-blasts
- Work closely with managers and project leads to promote the centre’s products and programs (traditional and new channels)
- Work closely with vendors to plan, develop and distribute products when appropriate
- Review feedback and incorporate into the planning process for other products
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Communications
- Support websites and website administrator
- Support centre staff with the promotion of events or meetings within the province
- Criminal record check
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- Proficiency in diverse product development software (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, infographics, etc.)
- Experience in developing products across a variety of formats and platforms
- Superior communication skills (English and French)
- Demonstrated interest in children and youth issues
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong team player
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Five years of experience in communications
- Experience working in a health research environment
Should the applicant require any accommodations during the application process please notify Human Resources as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Bilingualism (French-English) will be validated by a language proficiency assessment conducted by a third-party provider. Candidates will be required to meet the minimum linguistic profile prior to the date of hire.
Closing: December 8, 2019.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|