Established in 1925, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce is the largest and most influential business association in Canada. With a chamber network of over 450 chambers of commerce and boards of trade, representing 200,000 businesses of all sizes, the Canadian Chamber is continually advocating for public policies that will foster a strong, competitive economic environment that benefits businesses, communities and families across Canada.
We are currently seeking a Member Engagement Officer to support member engagement and outreach programs for new and existing chamber network members.
Our chamber network is a vital link to our mission of engaging, supporting and mobilizing businesses on issues that are critical to Canadian competitiveness and prosperity for all Canadians.
This new role of Member Engagement Officer will play a key role in leading innovative programs and activities that provide value-added, meaningful, strategic and timely opportunities to our chamber network members.
Do you want to join an organization committed to building a stronger Canada? This could be your opportunity to join our team and make a difference.
Your career, to date, has shown a capacity for excellence in customer service. These skills will serve you as you work to maintain and grow members’ engagement and participation in a wide range of activities and serve as one of the main contacts for the Canadian Chamber network members.
The Member Engagement Officer will support the Canadian Chamber’s efforts in understanding our members’ new and evolving needs through regular follow up and data collection via assessment programs, member surveys, and other evaluative techniques.
Team-driven engagement opportunities
- Work with internal teams to provide tools that assist in advocacy uptake on specific files of interest to provincial and local chambers of commerce and their members. This work will include all types of outreach including webinars, speaking events, toolkits and more.
- Collaborate on content development of chamber network membership materials– including the members’ only website and program collaterals.
- Assist with AGM registration, manage the AGM voting credentials process for chamber network members and oversee the Chamber dues and renewals process.
Value-added experiences for members
- Organize ad hoc workshops and webinars on emerging issues of interest to members such as affinity and advocacy programs.
- Ensure that communication pieces are designed to reflect the Canadian Chamber’s value proposition to the various chamber constituents and aligned with every member’s unique needs
- Engage with members on a regularized basis.
Data processing and protection
- Practice conscious integrity of Chamber data and member information.